Race & Rally Parts
Castrol Toyota Carina NZ Touring Car, Ex works - SOLD
*** PRICE DROP!!***
This superb works built Toyota was one of two cars built for the New Zealand Schedule S 2.0 litre touring car class, this was the National NZ touring car class in the early nineties.
Driven by Julian Bailey the Ex F1 driver, Toyota touring works driver BTCC, Le mans 24 hr Nissan group C, 1999 British GT Champion, FIA GT Champion 2000 and part time top gear Stig.
Bruce Miles, MD of Toyota New Zealand commissioned Dave Cook racing Services of UK ( built the John Cleland Vauxhall ) to build two Carina Touring cars. The shells were delivered direct from the factory, then Dave cook used all his BTCC car knowledge to design and build the shells to the highest of spec within the given regulations.
Once completed the team was known as Team Tasman, with full Castrol backing which now identifies the Toyota works cars from the golden era.
The car I have on offer here is the number 32 car driven by Julian Bailey as part of his Toyota Works programme that year. The sister car was number 38 driven by Greg Brink, the sister car also still exists and resides with a Toyota dealership in New Zealand.
In 1995 the Team Tasman Toyota Castrol managed a 2nd and 4th position in the Championship with hard fought battles against Ford's Radisich and BMW s Baird. The series pulled in huge crowds with nail biting racing between famous works drivers from the BTCC and motivated banzi priviteers. The racing was close and unpredictable, it set the standards for New Zealand touring car racing today.
Toyota New Zealand sold the Julian Bailey car to Dave Pitcher to run it in the National Saloon Car Cup 1997, this is how the car came to be in the UK today.
In the hands of Barry Barnes the car was slightly modified with Motec engine management and individual throttle bodies. I have all the documentation of race results and set up from Barry Barnes.
After 2000 the car was retired and has just undergone a full re build back to the bare shell. The car has been lovingly restored with no cost spared, engine re freshed with more aggressive cams and producing approx at least 220bhp.
The car has never been in an accident and is a truly superb example of a 90s works Touring car.
- Fully prepared and seam welded Dave Cook racing shell,
- Remote canister, works, fully adjustable coilovers all round.
- Adjustable front/rear anti-roll bars
- Pi - 2 Dash (2nd generation / Cosworth) This comes with a full folder/user manual and dedicated laptop and software for dash and MOTEC ECU)
- Works Toyota embossed Carbon door panels x4 plus parcel shelf.
- Carbon centre console and airbox
- Custom bias alloy pedals with AP master cylinders and dash adjuster
- In date harness and seat
- Carbon fibre super touring bumper and splitter ( original spec also included)
- X4 comp wheels with Toyo 888, six spare oz Magnesium 15" wheels.
- Carbon fuel cell
- Re built, tuned Toyota 3S-GE engine. Oversized primeries, forged rods and forged JE pistons, APR rod bolts, individual throttle bodies running on Motec ECU, complete with leads and Laptop computer. This engine will be producing between 220 to 240 BHP
- Ap four pot callipers and discs
The car is absolutely fresh and has not been run on the track since the recent restoration. It is on the button and ready to race next season and would be competitive in many post historic 2.0ltr class championship.
Very rare to find a race car with such pedigree and works team history that doesn't require extremely deep pockets to race and look after, not to mention a car that is so fresh and ready to go for this kind of money.
This Touring car offers great value, an opportunity to race at many historic events and great contender for prestigous invites to The Goodwood festival of speed and Silverstone Classic.
I would consider part exchanges on sports cars (no race cars please!), something interested for the road........
For more details please call Sam on 07952 656046 or Paul on 07508 216441
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for looking!