TVR Griffith 1965
1965 TVR Griffith
FIA papers valid until the end of 2030
UK V5 Registered as JWE 550C
This early Griffith example was one of the first 15 cars built by Jack Griffith in the USA (a copy of the title is available,) and in 2019 underwent complete restoration and race preparation by Griffith guru, Nigel Reuben of Nigel Reuben Racing. I am 6’2” in height, and great care and attention have been taken to ensure there is plenty of space inside the car for taller drivers.
Competing for the first time in June 2019 saw the Griffith win its class in both races at the SPA Summer Classic.
Prepared to the very highest of standards and in excellent condition, the bodywork was finished in Old English White and features a single black painted centre stripe.
This is an incredibly competitive car that is ready to and can run in the SPA 6-hour, Peter Auto, Masters, Equipe and all other racing series for Historic Motorsport.
A complete history file shall accompany the car and notable features include:
- Brand new Peter Knight Ford 289 engine built with the latest specification engine block and cylinder heads with 3 hours running time.
- Fully refreshed Salisbury differential with LSD and 5 hours running time.
- Fully refreshed T10 gearbox with 2 hours running time.
- SPA 6-hour fuel tank.
- New VBox Lite fitted 2019.
- Seat valid until 2024 plus passenger seat with belts.
- Belts valid until 2024.
- OMP electric fire extinguisher new in 2019.
- Detachable Steering Wheel.
- Heated Front Screen.
- Hard-wired AMB 260 Tran X transponder that does not require a subscription.
- 8 spare wheels.
- 160ltr fuel tank.
- Weighing in at 910kg.
- 65kg weight board to comply with Masters 975kg minimum weight requirement.
Keyword Search Terms:TVR, Griffith, Historic, Restored, Racecar
|Item Location:||Rickmansworth, United Kingdom|
Joined March 2021
Seller's other ads
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Make an Offer
Share by Email