1962 TVR GRANTURA MK 3 (FIA) RACE CAR - SOLD
This is now SOLD. Search for similar items.
Chassis number: 8/631
Registration: GFV 248D (V5C INC)
● A handsome and particularly well-prepared and FIA-approved race car, with a raft of high-performance upgrades and a competitive history.
● Under the bonnet is a 1.8-litre Ridgeway Racing BMC straight-four, driving the rear wheels through a four-speed MGB manual gearbox and a limited-slip differential.
● Thought to be one of only 92 cars made, it was originally built by Nigel Reuben, and has been race-prepared by Revival Race Shop and Valley Motorsport.
● A proven race winner and regular frontrunner at a number of major historic events, this Grantura has previously competed in the Masters Historic Race series and the Silverstone Classic, and has recently secured a podium finish in the Gentlemen Driver’s class at Spa Francorchamps.
EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES
● This Grantura comes finished with blue paintwork accented by white racing stripes and roundels.
● Its BMC straight-four has been fitted with an alloy crossflow head, and is linked to an endurance fuel tank. Engine has completed 14hrs of running since it was last rebuilt.
● The car rides on custom-made Koni shock absorbers and a set of 15-inch wheels, which are wrapped with Dunlop tyres.
● Inside, it has been equipped with a Tillet carbon fibre racing seat, valid until 2026, and a Schroth Enduro harness which is usable in competition until 2025.
● The cabin has also been fitted with an electric fire extinguisher from FEV.
● The car will be accompanied by its FIA Historic Technical Passport and V5C, along with 2 sets of wheels with Dunlop tyres, a set of endurance spot lamps, and an extensive collection of spare mechanical parts.
X1 Full set of koni adjustable dampers
X2 Rear tracking arms (needs lock nuts+ spherical joints)
X3 Front wheel bearings
X2 Front uprights
X1 Front stub axle shaft
X2 Top ball joints (camber adjustable)
X2 Lower trunnions (X1L/X1R)
X2 Front damper threaded collars
X1 Front hub
X1 Rear hub
X1 Rear wheel bearing with carrier
X2 Brake drums (Drilled)
X2 Brake drums (Solid)
X4 Front brake discs
X5 Brake shoes (single)
X3 Reservoir pots
X1 AP 0.625 master cylinder (used)
X1 AP 0.937 master cylinder (used)
X2 Clutch slave cylinder (used)
X1 Brake drum cylinder (used)
X3 Front brake pad sets (used)
Exterior Parts and Accessories:
X2 Door mirrors
X3 Alternator belts
X2 Spotlights (New)
X2 Throttle cables (New)
X2 Screen wipers
X2 Wiper arms
X2 Indicator lens
Various spare bulbs
Engine and Gearbox Parts:
X1 Water pump
X2 Paper fuel filters
X1 Rocker cover gasket
X2 Lead sets
X1 Gearbox gasket
X2 Oil filters
X2 Gearbox seals
X1 Bag of copper washers
X4 Spark plugs (BCP7ES)
X1 CV boot kit
● There is no known bodywork damage.
● The blue paintwork is in good shape, with a few competition-related scratches and scuffs, but nothing untoward.
● Inside, the single racing seat is free of any major wear, and the re-trimmed dashboard is in excellent condition.
● There are no known electrical or mechanical faults.
● This Grantura was previously cared for by Revival Race Shop, though it has been race-prepared by Valley Motorsport in recent years.
● Its FEV electric fire extinguisher was serviced in August 2021.
One of only 92 examples made, this TVR Grantura MK3 is a thrilling FIA-approved race car, offered with a raft of high-performance upgrades. Now eligible for countless major race series including the Spa 6 hours, the Le Mans Classic and various Goodwood events, it would make a competitive entrant for any aspiring racer.