Caterham with Superlight Specification
I have a professionally built, by Clayhills Engineering, Caterham for sale
2004 chassis and SVA'd in 2004, I bought the chassis from DW Motorsport over a year ago.
I have put a k series which was a new spare 0 miles sealed academy engine from a guy who raced in the academy approx 10 years ago. The standard ECU has been remapped by Kmaps and has a better mid range and higher rev limit.
It’s mated to a rebuilt 6 speed box which I bought from SPY motorsport, and onto a 3.62 diff so it’s short geared with the 1.0 6th.
Adjustable height platform bilsteins a couple years old, with new springs.
It has the caterham big brakes and brand new rear Sierra calipers and discs.
Wide track etc and new loom.
The CXR wheels were re coated in anthracite just as I liked it better than the black. These were also new from Compomotive.
It’s basically a new build with receipts from Caterham, new Caterham spares I had from racing and the above.
I’ve put about 90 miles around here to prove it , sorting any rattles, torque checking any bolts, making sure the engine goes up a and down temperature / no leaks etc with the cooling system.
To note, I have a pair of carbon front cycle wings, the ones on in the pictures were spares I had here, the offside although symmetrical, has the indicator hole in wrong place as it was originally a near side part, I just wanted to keep the carbon ones from being chipped.
I’ve since added wet weather gear in the form of passenger tonneau with internal partition , boot cover and driver tonneau. It has a passenger Tillet and a driver foam hand made seat which is actually quite comfortable. QR steering wheel and drivers side half door in the same orange RAL 2004. It has a gps Speedo and Elliot rev counter.
I also have a tonne of receipts. It is correctly registered as a k series and using a capacity of 1548 you get the cheaper road tax.
It has a new fuel system as I had a fault where it was loosing power, every sensor and ignition part / fuelling part was changed out for new .... turned out to be a new fuel filter supplied with the wrong element that was restricting flow. The fuel pump is located out with the tank for ease of maintenance and filter changes.
The car is MOTd till Dec 2021 and taxed.
- 1600 k series MSA sealed engine with approx 90 miles , this is the Caterham shallow sump engine with Apollo tank
- 6 speed caterham recon box with Caterham
- 6 speed aluminium gearnob
- Widetrack front wishbones
- Aluminium hubs with new bearings
- 9/16" Blue front ARB 1/2" Orange rear ARB
- Quick steering rack (purple dot)
- 260mm Momo suede steering wheel with Racetech Quick Release
- Platfrom Adjustable Bilstein shock absorbers with 220lb front and 110lb rear Eibach springs
- 7" front and 8.5" rear Compomotive CXR alloy wheels with 185/205 x 13" Avon ZZR tyres
- Lowered wing stays with grp cycle wings, carbon ones available
- Caterham AP big brake kit with new Hell brake lines front and New Sierra rear calipers with discs on rear
- 0.5 deg rear De-Dion ears , front set at 2.25 deg neg
- New de-dion tube
- New A -frame
- 3.62 CWP in 7" Ford Diff
- Double D superlight cage recently blasted, crack checked and poweder coated in RAL 2004 orange
- Side impact bar on drivers side
- Carbon effect nose cone
- Carbon aero screen
- 5" headlights with LED replacment elements
- Silicone cooling hoses
- New Wasp starter with new adaptor
- New Oddesey Extreme battery
- 4-1 Superlight exhaust
- Remapped ECU from Kmaps with better torque curve and higher rev limit
- MFRU bypassed for starter solenoid reliability, starter button on dash
- Wiring loom all new adhering to the Caterham K series wiring diagram
- Red battery isolator switch under dash
- Red start button from RS components
- Dash USB charging point
- Elliot Rev counter and GPS speedo
- OTTO display , this is a basic unti which measures engine temp, pressure and revs/ shift light
- Tillet passenger seat, custom cloth padded drivers seat both with 6 point TRS harnesses
- Full tonneau both side, boot cover and drivers half solid door
- Caterham Aero fuel cap
- New fuel system in AN anodised fittings and braided hose, new fuel pump
- Racetech colour coded cage mounted mirrors and Longacre rear view mirror
- Honeycombe boot floor
- New rear arches have neoprene underneath to help reduce stone noise
- Light connections all 'weatherseal' type
- R6 00U private plate included in price