Crosslé 32F Formula Ford 1600, factory restoration - SOLD
This is now SOLD. Search for similar items.
Dominant through the 1970’s in the hands of Nigel Mansell and others, the Crosslé 32F is the weapon of choice for pre-1982 Formula Ford worldwide, and still competitive against much younger designs. Chassis 53 was delivered in 1977 with black bodywork to a colourful and prominent Irish driver.
This 32F was traded to us in 2018, having won the FF1600 class in the Dutch-based HMR championship. Although superficially tidy, many parts were worn out and the car needed a full rebuild. Now complete, this is a rare opportunity to purchase an original car, factory-restored to near-new condition. Specification includes:
- Chassis stripped to bare metal, visually inspected and repaired where necessary to Crosslé specifications. Harness mountings updated for HANS/FHR. Straightness and geometry checked in original factory jig, then powder-coated in original grey.
- Engine fully rebuilt to current FF1600 regulations by Leslie Drysdale, co-designer of the Crosslé 32F. Drysdale engines regularly dominate the Classic FF Festival race at Brands Hatch. Dyno tested, zero miles, rebuild invoices provided.
- Hewland Mk9 gearbox rebuilt inside a brand new main casing. Internal parts checked, replaced where necessary, and rebuilt to Hewland specifications.
- New CV joints and refurbished drive shafts.
- Period Dunlop/Triumph GT6 steel wheels, freshly powder coated silver. Avon ACB9 tyres, in good condition and suitable for testing.
- New 3-part GRP body in Dense Black gel, factory-fitted.
- New floor in fully-hardened T6 aluminium alloy, monel rivets. New aluminium side panels and bulkhead panels.
- Suspension completely rebuilt, using mostly-new parts (including wishbones, trailing links, ARB assemblies, and rod ends). Set up for 80kg driver.
- Brake system rebuilt with new hoses, seals, discs, and pads.
- Complete new pedal assembly.
- Complete new gear-change assembly.
- New FF1600 regulation silencer with stainless Crosslé manifold and support bracket.
- Cooling system rebuilt with new Crosslé aluminium radiator, supports, water tubes, hoses and fittings.
- Electrical system rebuilt with new wiring loom and switchgear. New RT30 battery.
- New oil pressure and water temperature gauges and lines.
- Brand-new Lifeline Zero 360 Fire Marshal FIA system, homologated to FIA Technical List 16, mechanically-operated. This advanced and ultra-compact 2.25kg unit is not to be confused with older, cheaper AFFF systems (mostly obsolete in 2022).
- New seat in black GRP.
- New TRS harness for FHR/HANS, good to the end of 2024.
Black bodywork is brand-new and factory-fitted. A new 32F body with gel coat in any other standard colour can be supplied (instead of the current body) at the discounted price of £900 plus VAT, complete with fittings and emblem.
This 32F has been restored using only original parts designed and manufactured by The Crosslé Car Company Limited. It is on-the-button and ready to race, needing nothing other than a motivated driver.
The car is located in Nottinghamshire, England, and can be delivered anywhere at competitive rates. Please contact us for further information.
Crossle (sic) added here to facilitate search.