Race Car Transport
Group 5 DeTomaso Pantera
Original 1984 DeTomaso factory GT5 Pantera, chassis #9313, converted to full race Group 5 “tribute” or “re-creation”.
Far rarer than the factory DeTomaso Group 4 Panteras, there are only a few original Group 5 Panteras ever built. This “re-creation” has been designed and modified based on the originally homologated Sala-Williams Group 5 Pantera, chassis #001, as raced in Europe and the Hugh Kleinpeter IMSA GTX Pantera as raced in the USA.
Tube frame front/rear sections are integrated into full safety cage built beyond the original Gr 5 standards. Front/Rear composite body sections mount to tubular sub-frames for light weight and facilitating quick maintenance similar to the Sala-Williams Gr5 and Kleinpeter IMSA Panteras.
Full history and build pictures at www.gr5pantera.com. See also www.facebook.com/gr5pantera for additional info and pictures.
I am selling the car as a “rolling chassis”, but can tailor a complete package with drive-train depending on what class and regulations you may wish to run under. I can also have the car completed depending on the “options” selected. The chassis could be completed to match the intent of building a correct/legal Group 5 “recreation” or “tribute/clone”. Or it could easily be configured as a track-day car using a more modern engine and parts to race under a bit more liberal rules package.
- GT5 Molds for front/rear clips
- GT5 Molds for R/L doors
- Interior w/fire system, dual Sparco seats
- Never used, front mounted, Fuel Safe fuel cell
Options to complete the car available at additional cost include:
- 6L Elan LMP1 alum engine with carbon EFI intake – see http://www.gr5pantera.com/engines
- New Ford Racing 341 cu-in engine with Kinsler EFI and EFI Technologies ECU – see http://www.gr5pantera.com/engines
- (2) engines from ex-Le Mans ADA racing Pantera (need rebuild)
- Motec ECU, Ignition Expander, relays and full chassis and engine wiring harnesses – see http://www.gr5pantera.com/electronics
- Original ZF gearbox & bellhousing
- (2) Polished stainless mufflers with custom mounts – see http://www.gr5pantera.com/gr-5-build-gallery
- (2) Willwood GN calipers and disks (new)
- (2) AP brake calipers
- (1) set of new Kodiak race wheels (will be built to your specs)
- Multiple other wheel/tire options including Gotti or Jongbloed wheels
- Set of molds to convert body to late model Pantera Si
- Many misc parts including: engine/trans mounts, sway bars, spare suspension parts, etc.
Aside from the original Sala Group 5 and Kleinpeter IMSA GTX, I believe this is the most modified race chassis while still being based on a production Pantera chassis. It goes far beyond the changes made for the much more common Group 4 racing Panteras (which are selling well into the 6-figure range) and with improved safety and performance. This Pantera provides a unique option to race alongside epic Gr 5 cars such as the Porsche 935 but at a fraction of the cost!
Located in Southern California. Price for the rolling chassis w/o drivetrain is $35,000 USD. Or please contact me to discuss pricing with any combination of options that may be of interest.