Rothmans Porsche 924, 2.0 Safari
- This Porsche 924 is a strikingly modified example of the classic sports car, which has been rebuilt to Safari specification, completed in 2022.
- It is powered by a 2.0-litre inline-four which drives the rear wheels via a five-speed dog-leg manual transmission.
- The odometer currently displays 60,120km, however this is not warranted, and the vendor notes that the car has not been driven since its conversion to ‘Safari’ specification.
- Having been freshly refurbished, it is now ready for use in regularity rallies or as a head-turning car show companion.
EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES
- This custom-built 924 Safari comes finished in white, with a stylish red and Rothmans Racing livery and various parts manufacturer decals.
- The exterior now features a roof-mounted spare wheel, mud flaps and a set of spot lamps on the front end.
- It rides on 15-inch ‘mesh’ alloy wheels, which are wrapped with new Toyo all-terrain tyres. These Porsche 924 Turbo wheels have been powder-coated in white.
- Around the axles, new spacers have been fitted to give the car a wider stance.
- Inside, the car has been fitted with a pair of Seabelt bucket seats, red D1 Spec harnesses, OMP footwell plates, VDO dials, a black synthetic suede-trimmed new OMP steering wheel, a fire extinguisher, and a host of retrofitted toggle switches.
- A trip master brand: Korsmit including foot pedal
- Its original owner’s manual will be included, along with its dealer-affixed price tag and a collection of maintenance invoices.
- There has been no known bodywork damage.
- The white paintwork is in good overall condition, with only a few small imperfections on the sills and a small blister on the rear bumper.
- Inside, the racing seats are in superb order, though some of the dashboard plastics are slightly faded, which is in line with the car’s age and use.
- No electrical issues have been detected and there are no known mechanical faults.
- This 924’s most recent service was carried out at 60,120 km by Classic Car Service Twente.
- During the restoration process, technicians replaced:
1. New exhaust manifold gasket
2. New water pump and water pump gasket
3. New camshaft seal
4. New distributor belt and tensioner
5. New O-ring thermoset housing
6. New coolant hose
7. New aluminium passenger footrest
8. New bleeding nipple for the brake on the left front side
9. New bearing in steering gear
10. New multi belt
11. Emergency power switches fitted inside and outside
12. Tailgate adjusted
13. New window switches for electric windows
14. Odometer replaced
15. New MOT
16. New safari roof rack
17. New spare tyre
18. New central reversing light
19. New wiper blades
20. Steering wheel rod completely disassembled and overhauled
21. New gearbox oil and engine oil
22. Brake pads and discs front side
This Porsche 924 is an eye-catching example of the classic transaxle sports car, which has been fully rebuilt to ‘safari’ rally specification. Now ideal for regularity rallies and off-road adventures, it would make a striking addition to any Porsche enthusiast’s collection, and is sure to turn heads both on the rally stage and at any event showground.
Keyword Search Terms:Rothmans, Porsche Safari, 924, rally
Joined April 2012
Seller's other ads
0031 6 52547903
0031 6 52547903
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Share by Email