Nissan 300zx TT manual Fairlady Import 1993 z32 - SOLD
This is now SOLD. Search for similar items.
I’ve made the heart-breaking decision to sell my track car. Imported from Japan in 2008 with less than 60,000 miles, I’ve transformed the car into a road legal race car. During my 12 years of ownership, it’s been stored in a dry, heated garage and I’ve only driven it just over 6,500 miles.
It is a 5 speed manual but was converted from an auto to a manual in Japan.
I’m an ex aircraft engineer and this has been my hobby. I love it but unfortunately, I need the garage space 😢.
Comes with MOT until 22 September 2021.
I’ve listed below, everything I can think that I’ve done. More may come to me so I’ll update if I remember more..
- Full lime green vinyl wrap (in 2014) with orange detail. Blacked out roof bars and white decals. This can be easily removed leaving silver paintwork underneath; it will need a respray or re-wrapping
- Custom front bumper maximising air flow into the front mounted intercooler and around the car
- Vented nose panel
- New scuttle panels fitted
- Aftermarket M3 style wing mirrors
- De-locked door handles
- Radio Antenna removed
- 3D Carbon wing on Aluminum supports
- Rear screen washer, wiper and heater function removed
- Black boot strip was replaced but has cracked a little
- Rear fog light LED cluster fitted
- Reverse lights have stopped working - I suspect it’s the gearbox switch so just needs looking at.
- Engine (VG30DETT) is great and despite the usual complaints and problems usually reported, this one is solid! Internals are all as imported (I believe stock) but as it runs so well, I’ve never felt the need to pull the engine and change anything. If I wanted to upgrade the internals, I’d store this one and upgrade another donor engine, knowing I’ve a solid back up
- Apexi cone air filter
- Front mounted Intercooler
- Auto Turbos
- Greddy Profec B spec-II digital boost controller, set up on rolling road (Low = stock boost Hi = 1 Bar) @ THOR RACING
- Divorced waist gate stainless steel down pipes (wrapped in fibreglass heat shielding) leading to a de-cat straight through stainless steel exhaust system with twin back boxes. I have baffles that can be fitted for MOT (if required)
- Series 2 PTU upgrade
- I carried out a full 60,000 mile service in the spring of 2009 with a Z1 motorsports kit consisting of:
- 1 Gates Racing Super Strong Kevlar Timing Belt
- 1 Timing Belt Tensioner
- 4 Camshaft Oil Seals
- 1 Crankshaft Oil Seal
- 2 VTC Springs
- 2 VTC Cover Plate O-rings
- 1 Water Pump
- 1 Thermostat
- 2 Z1 Silicone Coolant Bypass Hoses
- 1 Crankshaft timing sprocket
- The last service was in 2018 where I changed all the fluids (engine, gearbox, differential, coolant, brake, clutch and steering). I’ll provide all the spare oils I have left over.
- K&N oil filter
- Upgraded, thicker Aluminium Radiator with Blitz cap
- Silicone radiator top pipe
- Kenlow dual speed electric radiator fan with auto speed control and optional override switch on the centre console
- All pulleys are undersized, aluminium and lightened from AMS
- Manual Balance bar fitted
- Battery relocated to under passenger seat
- K&N fuel filter
- Carbon canister deleted
- Upgraded clutch in 2009 (@ ZEDWORLD) and is still working brilliantly.
- New Transmission mount
- Clutch master cylinder serviced, and diaphragm replaced
- Z1 Motorsport quick shift
- Z1 Motorsport one piece aluminium prop shaft
- NA subframe and differential with solid mounts throughout (this deleted the HICAS).
- Rear wheel bearings replaced (had the uprights shot blasted and anodised while they were off)
- Full Driftworks adjustable arm set fitted and set up @TOLMAN MOTORSPORT
- Master cylinder brace strut
- Full calliper service in 2009 – First job I did
- EBC yellowstuff pads fitted all round
- New master cylinder reservoir cap fitted
- Silicone vac pipes with aluminium non return valve
- Braded brake hoses – Goodrich I think
- Stripped out and heavy sound proofing removed (nightmare job)
- Custom Cages half cage installed and they also welded the seat and belt mounts too
- TSR 6 point harnesses fitted.
- COBRA seats
- Removable Steering wheel
- Aircon deleted
- MSA battery kill switch with external pull
- 4L fire extinguisher, new last year with internal & external cable pulls.
- Push to start button.
- USB phone charger with voltage readout
- HKS turbo timer
- Tein fully adjustable coilovers.
- Comes with 2 sets of wheels, both freshly powder coated last year and with lots of tyre tread.
- Orange set are forged VOLK Racing Wheel with Toyo Proxes R888R on the rear.
- White set are Aluminum and are the original wheels it arrived with.
I’ll also throw in all the spare parts that I have lying around.