VW Golf MK2 Gti
VW Golf MK2 16v
Built from a 1991 car. Originally built in 2016 and improved significantly since. I’ve spent a lot of money on the car since I bought it. It’s now a great car and easy to race.
Last season I raced the car in the Classic VW Cup at Oulton Park in October. The car went well and was on the Class B pace. 2:02. At Brands Hatch this spring lap times were 57.2 but the clutch was slipping so better times are possible. A new race clutch has been fitted since. As with all race cars there’s room for improvement.
In addition to new engine, rebuilt gearbox and new diff, which was at a significant cost, we’ve done a lot of work to get the handling of the car right and it now great to drive. The car has been corner weighted and handles really well. It comes with the Nankang drys and a set of Dunlop race wets.
Car is Eligible for: VW Classic Cup, BARC Saloons, CSCC Tin Tops, Pre-93’s and others
Since then it’s had new parts:
A new set of Team Dynamics wheels (7x15) with Nankang tyres. Only done 3 race meetings.
A new 2018 P Zero plumbed in Fire Extinguisher system.
New 2018 TRS 6 pt harness
New Tow straps per MSA new regs complaint.
New FIA kill switch
New Rear Subframe polybushes, Front Ball Joints, Track rod ends
New Engine: Only 2 race meetings
New Engine – 2.0L Only 1 race meeting old
193bhp /159lbft (167bhp at wheels) (Rolling road print out available)
• Newly built engine
· Engine Management and modified injectors (see engine bay photo)
• Ported Stage 2 head
• New Kent Cams
• Kent cam pulleys
• External Vernier cam pulley
• Milltek 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and system
· Baffled Sump
Gearbox with New LSD
Transmission – 020 rod change gearbox
• 4.25:1 final drive fitted
• New Gripper Diff
• New Race Clutch
• G60 280mm front calipers
• Drilled and grooved front brake discs
• Ferrodo DS3000 race pads
• Std 16v rear calipers, discs & pads
• Internal adjustable brake bias valve
• Braided brake hoses throughout
Chassis and Interior
• Sunroof deleted and fitted with aluminium sunroof blank
• Carbon door cards
• 5pc Polycarbonate window set fitted with sliders on front windows
• MSA roll cage with door bars and harness bar
• KW Clubsport 2-way motorsport dampers
New Fuel Lines run inside
• Front Lower OMP cross brace
• Upper rear OMP strut brace
• Internal and external engine kill switch
• Internal and external fire extinguisher activation
• Recaro race seat
· It comes with the Nankang drys and a set of Dunlop race wets.