DEPOSIT TAKEN Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 tarmac rally car - SOLD
This is now SOLD. Search for similar items.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 tarmac rally car for sale, with a great spec and many group A bits
I bought this car in March 2017 and spent the year preparing it for the MSN Rally Championship. Previously it had been run and prepared by Paul Boxhall.
Over winter 17/18 I rebuilt the engine, gearbox, differential and comprehensively rewired the car. It has many new or refeshed parts
Since rebuilding it I have successfully completed 4 events with no DNFs and a couple of track days, last time out at the Horiba D'Isis it won a trophy for most amount of places made up on seed, 28 places to be precise finishing ahead of many 2.0 escorts in class!
Over last summer however I have been concentrating on circuit racing, so it's only been out once at Rockingham closing party for a track day.
Everyone who has been in the car has been amazed by it, it's so fast for what it is, the diff in particular gives epic traction for a FWD and just pulls you through the corners. The specification is in full below, whenever anything has needed doing on the car I've just done it, regardless of cost. Fluids changed every two events, serviced and checked every session comprehensively.
- 4 events since complete rebuild
- Longman 8v head
- Rebuilt into low mileage 1.6 auto block (still 1900) in Jan 2018
- King racing bearings on the bottom end
- 206 GTi oil pump
- PTS sump baffle
- Omega 83.5mm oversized pistons
- Injectors cleaned and matched (Jan 2018)
- Maniflow tubular exhaust manifold
- New radiator, water pump, new Mocal oil cooler, single fan conversion (on switch and wired to thermostat)
- MBE standalone management, 8000rpm limiter, no cold map so needs 2000rpm for a minute to rest to an idle
- I have a sheet for 150bhp on a rolling road before the rebuild, it runs much much better since rebuild so I'd guess somewhere in the region of 155bhp. It will take you 0-60 in about 6s
- Shift light set at 7200rpm peak power, good torque from 3500rpm, great engine for rallying
- BE3, 4 events since complete rebuild
- Rebuilt into a new case Jan 2018
- Quaife helical gearset (£2500 new)
- Tran-X diff, 4.8CWP
- New first motion shaft Jan 2018
- New crown wheel Jan 2018
- New rose joints for linkages Jan 2018
- Helix 4-plate paddle clutch, Valeo cover
- Spoox Motorsport lightweight flywheel
- New SKF 309 drive shafts, 2 events old
- Grp A height adjustable front platforms, solid top mounts, gravel bilstein inserts, 10 inch 180lb front springs with Eibach helpers
- Grp A genuine PTS lower arms, adjustable for camber with rose joint, rose joints changed for easily available MgGill XM type with sleaves, so economical to replace rather than the PTS aerospace part (£250 each!)
- At the rear - Proflex 3 way remote reservoir dampers, these are excellent allowing you to really dial the car in.
- Cambered rear arms, likely Xsara or 306. Replaced stub arms with Baker BM
- Rear axle bearings done 2 events ago
- 22mm torsion bars (from memory) and uprated ARB (can't recall size)
- Spacers at rear to match wider front track and allow 195 tyres to properly clear
- GTi6 conversion at the front, Tarox grooved discs, calipers refurbed 2 events ago, DS2500 pads and spare mintex, braided lines
- Standard discs at rear, calipers refurbed 4 events, DS2500 pads 2 events ago, new braided lines
- Twin master cylinder and pedal box upgrade, balance bar with remote adjuster available from driver's seat
- Fly off upright hydraulic handbrake, additional rear line limiter
Wheels and tyres
By negotiation, but at asking price 4 sets of 15x6 speedline 1.9 wheels, most recently repainted and good, set of good Yokohama A050 semi-slicks, set of good Pirelli snow tyres, set of worn out Michelin race wets
Solid, rust free and seam welded, but has been a rally car for at least 10 years. Doors are the worst bit, no rust but some dents, have a perfect new pair which can come with the car at asking price, soda blasted and ready for painting
- Poly side and rear windows
- Bonnet and boot quick release catches
- Rallye-style wider arches fitted
- Safety devices bolt in cage, gussetted to A and B pillars
- Ali wheel post in boot
- Battery in box behind driver's seat
- PTS style sump guards
- Nice TRS HANS harnesses, in date
- BiMarco seats, in date
- Fully rewired Jan 2018, loom thinned, carbon dash panel
- Relays moved inside from engine bay infront of navigator, switched circuits added for all equipment, LED fuses
- Two rally computers, one with rear wheel speed sensor, good for road sections, av speed etc.
- Aftermarket electronic rev counter and shift light
- Flocked dash
- Peltor 110 intercom
- Navigator's rest with horn and wash wipe
- Lifeline extinguisher system brand new end of 2017
Plenty of used drive shafts, brand new boxed SKF 309 shafts. Bearings, oil filters, pads etc. Spare rose joints, engine mounts, throttle cable, plugs etc. etc.
A lot of receipts, old logbooks, and an 2018 MSA passport so the car is good for 10 years.
This is my personal car and a private sale.