Mazda RX8 race car - SOLD
For sale is my 2006 Mazda RX-8 race car. Converted to a race car during 2014, and presented to an extremely high standard. Dash shows 58k miles, the engine has less than 2k.
Eligible for several popular race series including MSVT SuperCup, CSCC New Milennium and Track Attack Nippon Challenge. The car has most recently been developed for the 750MC Roadsports and Club Enduro championship where it has proven to be extremely competitive in the Supersport class (180 bhp/ton).
Club Enduro: 4 wins, with current lap record at Donington Park.
Roadsports: 6 wins (unbeaten in 180/ton class), lap records at Donington Park and Rockingham.
A joy to drive, with superb natural balance, tremendous stopping power, and cornering speeds to rival much faster machinery.
Ready to race, with belts and fire extinguisher in-date, and almost-new tyres fitted.
- Freshly rebuilt engine with only 2 races (paperwork and dyno prints)
- 220bhp@flywheel (179 bhp/ton)
- Bespoke weld-in cage with certificate (FIA compliant)
- Full aero kit - splitter, diffuser and carbon wing
- Brembo 4-pot front brake calipers
- Increased capacity fuel tank with vertical filler for fast refuelling
- Limited slip differential with shorter final drive ("R3")
- Fully polybushed
- 3-way adjustable coilovers
- Lithium battery and extensive weight waving
Full spec available on request
Asking price includes comprehensive spares package including quick refuelling jugs, splitter/diffuser templates, spare wheels/tyres (wet and dry sets).
Supplied with setup sheets, maintenance records/schedule, and V5 document
Is it road legal?
No. And I wouldn't recommend trying.
Why does it only have 220bhp when the standard car is 231ps?
Because they never made that sort of power from the factory. A healthy road car will make 200bhp. Exhaust, ECU tuning, and streetport rebuild help this one to reach 220bhp, and rev to 10500rpm.
Additional photographs can be found at