Original Factory Renault Clio Cup Phase 2 (2003)
Original Factory Renault Clio Cup 182 2.0 2003
A rare opportunity to purchase a very original factory race car. As these cars get older and the parts get harder to source, its unusual to find a car with so many factory fitted parts. With interest building in the historic saloon racing car scene, this car would offer the owner a very useable, sorted quick little car. Designed to run slicks and featuring the factory Sadev sequential gearbox makes this little car a very enjoyable and demanding drive. Weighing 900kg and having about 190bhp enables it post surprisingly quick lap times.
Chassis number 022 was originally raced in the UK Renault Clio Cup in 2004. The Clio Cup supported the British Touring Car Championship and was (and still is) a key part of the UK Saloon car ladder. After a couple of seasons it is believed that the car was then used as a press car, being exhibited at shows. The car was then shipped to Dubai and campaigned in the popular NGK Touring car series. A few years later it changed hands and was used as a track day car before being stored until 2014. Then, purchased by the current owners, the car was recommissioned and raced again in the NGK Touring car series, as well as being entered for several endurance races. Due to new projects the car is available back in the in the UK again (car is located in Bristol).
• Original FIA Factory bolt in roll cage
• Corbeaux Revenge race seat – drivers side
• Original factory OMP Renault race seat fitted to passenger side
• In date Sabelt HANS complaint 6 point harness – Drives side
• Original factory Renault Sparco Belts fitted Passenger side
• Original 2.0 engine running on original Magnetti Marrelli ECU
• Original Sadev STDSA 6 speed sequential & limited slip diff - Rebuilt (4 hours) with build receipts
• Available with the car is all of the UK Clio Cup AIM Evo 3 data logger and Aim M2 Dash lap timer and beacon.
• Original Magnetti Marelli Dash
• Original lightened doors with flat panels and window winders.
• Rebuilt (4 hours) Sadev STDSA gearbox with build receipts
• Supplied with a spare set of wheels
• Modified cup spec rear beam
• Modified front lower arms – with new spherical bearings
• Modified Renault Sport Cup engine sub frame
• Heavy duty engine and gearbox mountings
• Upgraded front shock mounts
• Plumbed in Fire extinguisher
• Original Renault Sport Cup electronic battery isolator
The following items were replaced in 2016
• New Renault Sport Cup spec height adjustable Bilstein Dampers
• Front driveshafts rebuilt (new wheel bearings and CV joints)
• New starter motor
• New alternator
• New plugs, coil packs and HT leads
The following have been fitted in 2017
• Fuel filter, hoses and pump
• New Rear Bearings
• New engine sensors (crank position, O2 sensor, MAP, throttle position, coil pack)
• Cambelt,, pulleys, dephaser replaced in 2017
• New water pump
• Uprated Steering column -??? Not sure what’s uprated?
• Additional Oil cooler fitted
Engine & Gearbox serviced (oil & filter) after every outing
Car is presented with all factory panels, including plastic wings (in common with the road car) and lightened doors. The car has been sprayed over the years and there are a few bumps and scrapes on the panel work. It would be relatively inexpensive and rewarding to refresh the exterior
Small selection of spares, Shims, coil pack, plugs, leads and other EFI parts, 1 Folder full of bills and the Renault Sport Clio Cup Racer Manual