FORD MUSTANG GT 350 1965
1965 Mustang Fastback SCCA B/Production
2+2 Fastback with Rally Pack, Period Built B/Production SCCA Race Car.
Built Nov. 64 at Ford San Jose Plant, same location and time as the original Shelby GT 350 base cars.
The car was purchased new from Fontana Motors Ford in Fontana California. The original owner started converting the car to SCCA B/Production specifications in the 1960s but never completed the conversion to a full race car. He occasionally drove the car on the street and sold it in the late 1970s. The second owner completed the conversion over the next 5 -6 years.
After the Mustang was finished it was never raced, it sat in the second owners garage in Palm Springs, California and was also occasionally driven on the street. The second owner had intended to have a friend compete with the car but failing health prevented him from ever doing so.
Even though the Mustang was built to SCCA specs road racing, it has never been involved in a race and has not a large amount of miles on the completed car and running gear.
Since that time the car has competed in the USA in some vintage racing events in Washington while being street registered in the state of Oregon.
It was sold to a French owner in 2006.
Modified with original Shelby or period correct replica parts and converted in the same way as Shelby did in 65/66 first in his Venice Beach garage and later at the location at LAX (Los Angeles International Airport). Shelby had base cars delivered from Ford and converted them to GT 350 / GT 350 R models.
- Engine Ford 289 A code (4bbl carb) converted to Hi-Po 289 K code (solid lifters / cam) ( GT 350 1965)
- Shelby intake manifold, valve covers (GT 350 1965)
- Shelby headers and exhaust with tailpipes through rear valance ( GT 350 1966)
- Oil cooler (GT 350 R 1965)
- American Racing wheels 7X15 (GT 350 / R 1965)
- Original Koni classic shock absorbers (GT 350 / R 1965)
- Shock absorber brace front „Monte Carlo Bar“ (GT 350 / R 1965)
- Rear underride traction bars, Rose jointed (GT 350 1966)
- Bigger brake drums rear / Ford Fairlaine (GT 350 1965)
- Brake ducts rear brakes (GT 350 1965)
- Shelby fibreglass hood with steel frame and Shelby scoop (GT 350 1965)
- Air ducts rear quarter panels (GT 350 1966)
- Shelby rear quarter windows (GT 350 1966)
- Dashboard / gauges Shelby (GT 350 R 1965)
- Rollcage Shelby style (GT 350 / R 1965)
- Steering wheel original Shelby (6 bolt) by Moto Lita w/o horn button (GT 350 / R 1965)
- Horn switch original Shelby on dashboard (GT 350 / R 1965)
- Radio delete plate original ( GT 350 / R 1965)
- Seats Shelby / Kirkey original style (GT 350 R 1965)
- Rear parcel shelf / spare wheel Shelby ( GT 350 / R 1965)
- Trunk mounted Battery ( GT 350 1965)
- Gas filler in trunk ( GT 350 R 1965)
Also included are the Chrome bumpers incl, hardware, original front valance etc. Easily put on and you can have a more standard look.
Additionally there are two Kirkey seats as original without headrests plus two American Racing wheels with Avon 245/60x15 tyres.
Car is road registered in Germany - all changes are TÜV approved and are officially written in the registration papers.
Current TÜV until 9/24.
Lots of work over the last three years, checked over after I bought it by Taylor Automotive / UK.
In 2022 new springs front/rear supplied by Cobra Automotive / USA plus new red Koni Classic dampers.
Car is on the button, currently registered.
We used it mainly for driving on the road, but also did some well known events - Vernasca Silver Flag 2022/23 (onboard video on Youtube :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGOGNtx_Hfo ), La Leggenda di Bassano (!) 2021, German Easter Rally.
Please enquire for all Informations regarding modifications etc. - all questions answered !
|Item Location:||Schwabach / Germany|
Joined October 2023
Seller's other ads
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Make an Offer
Share by Email