1964 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe - SOLD
This is now SOLD. Search for similar items.
1964 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe – FIA Recreation
- An exacting recreation of the World Championship winning Cobra Daytona Coupe
- Eligible for countless Pre '66 GT grids including the Spa 6 Hours, Masters Gentleman Drivers & Motor Racing Legends Pall Mall Cup.
- Prepared regardless of cost by Pearsons Engineering & fitted with a Steve Warrior 289 engine
- Offered with valid FIA Historic Technical Passport (HTP)
- Available at a considerable saving of the build cost
Constructed by Steve Gilbey for a UK based collector, this exacting recreation of the famous World Championship winning Cobra Daytona Coupe is presented in Ferrari ‘Grigio Argento’ with twin black stripes and black wheels. Equipped with wooden rimmed Mota-Lita steering wheel, leather trimmed bucket seat, Lifeline 360 fire extinguisher, and Sparco six-point race harness.
Upon completion the Cobra Daytona Coupe was entrusted to Pearsons Engineering to be race prepared for the owner to compete at the Goodwood 74th Members Meeting in 2016. Qualifying the Daytona Coupe in tenth place and finishing the race in a respectable ninth position. The only other races the car has ever entered are the 2016 Zandvoort Historic Grand Prix and the Brands Hatch Masters Festival 2016, so as can be expected the car is in extremely good order and very presentable. The engine, built by Steve Warrior has had circa ten hours of use and the gearbox is freshly rebuilt.
Offered today with a valid FIA Historic Technical Passport (HTP), the Cobra Daytona Coupe is eligible for countless Pre '66 GT grids including the Spa 6 Hours, Masters Gentleman Drivers and Motor Racing Legends Pall Mall Cup.