2008 Acura ARX-01 ‘B’ LMP2
The only privately owned and fully operational example of Acura's mighty ARX-01 ‘B’ design that fought head-to-head with Porsche's RS Spyder and Audi's R10 TDi for overall victories during the 2008 American Le Mans Series.
- Designed by Wirth Research on behalf of Honda Performance Development (HPD) to promote the Acura brand in North America
- Conceived to exploit lightweight LMP2 regulations in a similar vein to Porsche's RS Spyder
- This example raced in period in the later ‘D’ specification of 2011 - now completely rebuilt to the faster and more celebrated ‘B’ spec of 2008 by three-time Le Mans LMP2 victors, Jota Sport, with original parts sourced directly from HPD.
- Powered by a bonafide, period-and-specification correct, Honda 3.4 litre, naturally-aspirated V8 engine producing approximately 580bhp (with mandated 34.3mm air restrictor)
- Total weight of only 825 kilograms (substantially less than rival LMP1/LMP900 cars)
- Controlled by the latest Motec electronics and fitted with new wiring loom
- Rebuilt Hewland gearbox with six-speed paddle-shift operation by Geartronics
- Accompanied by a vast spares package inc. wheels, bodywork, magnesium gearbox casing and internals
- Offered in genuinely race-ready condition, fully crack-tested with a new fuel tank, extinguisher, belts, etc.
- Race-proven at the recent 2023 Silverstone Festival, qualifying 2nd overall in Masters Endurance Legends on its historic racing debut
- Eligible for Masters Endurance Legends, Dubai GP Revival, HSR, Sebring and Daytona classics
Truly an exceptional car and among the very fastest prototypes available for historic racing today. For more information, please visit www.samhancock.com
Keyword Search Terms:LMP2, LMP1, Masters, prototype, ALMS, ELMS, LMP3,
Joined May 2017
Seller's other ads
+44 (0)20 7871 3628
+44 (0)7956 100 439
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Share by Email