Alfa Romeo GTV6 Group A Autodelta Rally/Touring Car
· Having won the national rally titles in 1982 (Group N), 1983 (Group A) and 1984 (Group A) in an Alfa Romeo GTV6 no rally driver was more successful with this car than Bruno Bentivogli.
· His most famous car is this one: the red and white factory car with Autodelta SpA as its first registered owner (license plate MI-84505-S, chassisnr. ZAR116000000013775) and part of the factory team’s fleet for several years. This car won the 1983 Italian championship title.
· MI-84505-S is featured extensively in motorsports magazines as well as youtube clips of the era; books such as “Alfa Romeo nei Rally” and the Alfetta GT/GTV6 bible by Umberto di Paolo; the Italian DVD series “Gentleman Driver” and the legendary Group B film “Balls of Fire” (“Ritt auf dem Feuerball” by Helmut Deimel).
· At the end of its Autodelta life, this car was sprayed in different liveries and rallied by several private teams, before it was left to die at a farm in Italy.
· It was our craziest barnfind ever: When Formula GT came across this car, it was literally being used as a henhouse, so we just had to save it. Working closely with a specialist restorer and multiple championship-winning rally business, we completed a full rebuild and bare-metal respray before selling it to a Dutch Alfaholic.
· Over the past twelve years, our customer campaigned this GTV6 in more than thirty circuit, rally and hillclimb outings: Three times at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, three times at the Eifel Rally Festival, and dozens of track days, incl. at Hockenheim, Imola, Monza, Nürburgring, Nordschleife, Red Bull Ring, Spa-Francorchamps, Zandvoort. It was track-tested by Walter Röhrl, who particularly praised the smoothness of the engine, the car’s foolproof balance and twin-caliper brakes.
· As a testament to the build quality and the care from both drivers and mechanics, we’re proud to say that - apart from a broken spark plug in 2014 - the car hasn’t missed a beat in thousands of kilometres on racetracks, tarmac and gravel rallies.
· While the car is completely true to its eighties works spec, the engine has only been mildly tuned, in order to limit the strain on driveshafts, transmission etc. Should the new owner want the engine to perform at or even above Group A levels, FormulaGT will gladly tune the engine accordingly.
· The car is FIA HTP eligible, and with minor modifications such as a longer gearbox it could even be entered in historic touring car races such as Peter Auto Heritage Cup or the Gordon Spice Trophy at the Goodwood Members Meeting.
· The car comes with original papers, extensive documentation of period rally results, full restoration report, media articles, and more than one thousand photos from the past forty years.
· Overall, a unique chance to secure a road-registered Autodelta works car and a significant piece of Alfa Romeo history, before the market realises the unique appeal and prices will go up.
Keyword Search Terms:Autodelta, Group A, Touringcar, Rally
|Item Location:||Munich, GER|
Joined February 2018
Seller's other ads
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Share by Email