Austin Healey 100 Immaculate & Very Competitive
Austin Healey 100 Full Race Car
The Austin Healey 100 was introduced at the Earls Court Motor Show in 1952 to huge critical acclaim. Production ran from 1953 to 1956. Approximately 80% of all 100 production was exported to America. In period many were used as weekend race cars in countries all over the world, where they normally punched well above their weight in sports car races. They continue to do the same today, often embarrassing much more expensive machinery…
WSL is an export model left hand drive BN1, originally shipped to America. She is very well known in racing circles & a competitive FIA specification race car. In current ownership since 2015.
The specification includes:
· The engine is a full race specification Denis Welch Motorsport unit with steel crank & rods, high compression forged pistons, DWR race camshaft, alloy sump & alloy full race head. Last rebuilt during 2018 with little use since. It has also been capacity checked & sealed by an MSUK scrutineer (certificate in the file).
· Carburation is from twin 2" H8 SU's, The exhaust is a DWR full race system.
· The gearbox has straight cut, close ratio Sebring ratio gears & a competition overdrive. Both the gearbox & differential were rebuilt in 2018 by DWR & have only a hand full of test miles since.
· The bodywork is a mixture of aluminium & steel & is in very good cosmetic condition.
· Dunlop front disc brakes, race rear brake linings & dual circuit brakes.
· High ratio steering box with safety column.
· Foam filled alloy fuel tank.
· Twin Facet fuel pumps.
· A pre-engaged high torque starter motor.
· An almost new matching spare wheel, with a new Dunlop Racing tyre fitted.
· 100S style windscreen as is now required by the FIA.
· OMP high back race seat.
The car comes with a large amount of spares, many are original & valuable parts removed from the car when it was converted to race specification.
Elligible for some of the very best events & race series both in UK & Europe. including RAC Woodcote Trophy, Equipe Classic Racing, GT & Sports Cr Cup & FISCAR.
Accompanied by three very full folders of documents, including invoices, race results & specifications. All carefully filed, dating back to 2015. This shows the attention to detail which the owner has lavished on WSL over the years. The FIA HTP has lapsed, a fresh HTP application can be made as part of a purchase agreement if required.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a well-known, developed & competitive car, which is on the button & available at significantly less than the cost to build it today.
More detailed photos are available for serious enquiries.
We can also offer event support packages to prepare, transport & run this car for you at any of the events mentioned above.
Call Paul to discuss the car in more detail or to arrange a viewing.
Joined December 2021
Seller's other ads
|Company:||Woolmer Classic Engineering Ltd|
|Trade or Private:||Trade|
Make an Offer
Share by Email