Triumph TR5 historic race car
motodrome offer this professionally-built 1969 Triumph TR5 historic race car, which has been campaigned successfully for over 20 years in club events in both the UK and USA.
Chassis number CP2387
Whilst she is road legal, it’s real home is the race track, where it seems to have been pretty competitive.
It’s had one owner since 2006 who ironed out all it’s issues and installed all the right kit to ensure it’s super strong, and reliable.
It’s fitted with:
· Replacement CTM Engineering lightweight chassis with full FIA cage
· Fibreglass wings, bonnet and boot (both with quick release pins) and braced hardtop
It allegedly weighs just 850kg, no doubt helped by the above lightweight parts
· Racetorations full-steel engine with forged pistons, equi-spaced liners, super damper, programmable distributor, roller rockers and triple weber carburettors.
Allegedly it’s good for 280bhp, which means an excellent power to weight ratio.
· Racetorations upgraded Quaife dog box with quick shift and dual plate racing clutch
· Nissan Skyline (1000hp rated) differential, with Richard Good conversion kit, NATO-spec driveshafts and max strength rear hubs
· Full suspension upgrade with polybushes, uprated springs, adjustable gas shocks, adjustable rear swinging arms
· AP Racing front brakes with vented discs, Triumph Stag uprated rear brakes, dual circuit with adjustable bias from the dash
· Full fire extinguisher system
· Long range aluminium fuel tank
· Aeroquip hosing
· Compomotive rims with Yokohama tyres
· 4-point harness, removable Sparco steering wheel, and Stack gauges.
And probably more that I’ve missed – basically it’s the real thing, and built to be competitive.
We understand it underwent a body-off rebuild and rewire by TR Bitz in 2017
V5 shows just 3 previous keepers
On our own website, you’ll find our usual 2 videos: a walkaround appraisal, and driving impressions, plus a couple of videos of it in racing action at Oulton Park on YouTube, with kind permission of the previous owner
Finance available subject to status – see website for details.
based near Henley-on-Thames Oxon - viewing by prior appointment
Keyword Search Terms:triumph, TR5, historic race car,
Joined February 2022
Seller's other ads
|City:||henley on thames|
|Trade or Private:||Trade|
Share by Email