A previous championship winner that gave the current owner the unexpected prize of best HSCC HRS series rookie in 2017 and has been a class E winner several times since. Now up for sale in race ready state as I have moved to a Marcos 1800.
- Recently rebuilt 998cc engine by the Imp specialist Andy Jones producing 108 bhp, rev limiter at 8500.
- Gearbox rebuilt by Dave Weedon and not raced since.
- Refreshed for 2021 by RNH Contract Services who have looked after this car since 2006. All lifed components are in date.
- All UK invoices since 2000 to date available (previous owner raced it in the USA for some years)
- History since first registered: road car till '91, converted to hill climb/ sprint spec, bought by previous owner and converted to HSCC HRS spec in '99.
- Current HSCC VIF document
- 4 x 5J Minilite wheels with 2019 road legal wets
- 1 x 5.5J Minilite wheel with Yoko 48
- Quick fit back silencer box for quiet track/test days
This is about as cheap as it gets to go historic racing. Running costs are low as there is very little that can be changed. Major works like engine and gearbox rebuilds are rare and not that expensive. Basic trackside maintenance is something even a mechanical idiot like myself can do, and if I can't there is always somebody around who can help me. No need for a pit crew.
It does, however, need to be driven like an early 911 with the engine out the back. When it gets light put the power on.
It will need one day a respray and attention to a couple of dings on the glassfibre bodywork but remains perfectly presentable.