Spire GT3 - SOLD
This is now SOLD. Search for similar items.
A great opportunity to enter the fantastic Sports 1000 formula (formerly known as RGB).
This is a competitive car, priced to sell.
- Tubular chassis
- 490kg wet
- Rear engined, 1000cc Suzuki K8
- Paddle shift (could easily be converted to stick shift depending on preference)
- Quaife diff with reverse
- Wilwood calipers
- Adjustable brake bias
- 6 point harness (in date through 2021)
- Plumbed in extinguisher (serviced in September 2020)
- Rain light
- Power Commander V
- range of front and rear sprockets to cover all permutations required for all UK circuits
- 3 sets of Team Dynamic 13 inch wheels (2 x Yoko A048 drys, 1 x Avon CR28 wets, all with plenty of life left in them)
- Extra set of full Avon Radial Moulded Wets (not permitted in the formula) and an extra older set of A048 scrubs (would be fine for track days)
- Box of random spares, spare oil cooler etc
- Secondary silencer to ensure compliance with typical track day noise limits
- Aim Solo 2 lap timer
This is a very familiar car to the entire Sport 1000 grid, so there's plenty of local knowledge and advice on hand.
As for the formula, it must be the fastest no slicks/no wings formula in the UK and I'd put it as the highest bang for your buck formula bar none! Regs are designed to keep costs down, including stock bike engines and a cap on tyre budget of ~£1.2k/year (3 x sets of A048). Strap a 1000cc to your back and scream round the track at 13000 rpm - there really is no better way to go racing on a modest budget.
Sample lap times (in the hands of a novice)
- Brands Indy - 51.38
- Anglesey - 1:12.00 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcI5ab5oGSE&feature=youtu.be
- Donington - 1:13..91 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QngzGYoso0w&feature=youtu.be