Motorsport instructors & technicians / mechanics
Driftlimits Track Instructor
Join the team at our renowned Motorsport Academy and drive your passion into a successful career at Drift Limits.
We are seeking experienced car technicians or experienced track drivers who have a passion for cars and instructing guests in a customer facing role. The applicant must be able to competently carry out light mechanical duties in addition to delivering exceptional customer service as an instructor. Being well-organised, presentable and personable to our guests is key. Prior experience in a performance garage / race team or track driving/racing would be beneficial. Full instructor training will be provided in supercars on racing lines, customer service and car control.
Applicants will be employed with a full time contract to work at our track in Hemel Hempstead. Flexible salaries based on 5/6 days a week.
Working days are Monday to Saturday with Sundays and Tuesdays off optionally.
Normal hours of work are: Weekday Summer Operational Days: 8.30am – 6.15pm.
Non-operational summer days: 8.00am – 5.30pm.
Winter operational and non-operational days are as follows:
November-December: 8.00am – 4:15pm
January: 8:00am – 4:30pm
February: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Summer days are between March and October, Winter days being between November-February.
Operational days are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Non-operational days are Tuesday and Saturday.
Occasional special operating Sunday hours, 8:30am-5:30pm will come into effect, which will be pre-approved by a Manager at an additional £100 per day.
Bonus scheme allows the successful applicant to earn up to an additional £20 per customer review on top of the regular salary.
The applicant must be flexible with working days willing to work Saturday AM at a minimum.
Range from £18k – 22k per annum depending on experience.
Please apply with a covering note and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org
Driftlimits Automotive Technician
Our leading motorsport centre is looking for a well experienced and enthusiastic technician to join our friendly team!
We have an exciting array of race cars and supercars which you will be required to maintain, service and repair where needed, for our sister company, Drift Limits Motorsport Academy.
We also work on customers performance vehicles specialising mainly in Japanese sports cars and other high end performance cars.
You will be required to work as part of a team, lead where necessary whilst being confident to work alone as required.
• Ability to rebuild an engine.
• Good fabrication skills, MIG welding is essential. TIG ideal but not essential.
• Fault diagnosis on ‘digital’ and ‘analogue’ vehicles
• Ability to think outside of the box to fix or improve the implementation and functionality of performance parts.
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Good foresight and planning – ability to assess a job’s timescale and foresee issues.
• Friendly manner with good customer service skills.
• Use of own car – The workshop is in a private rural setting, not far from the track.
• Recognise preventative and reactive work required to ensure continued vehicle operation.
Ideal candidate will also be/have:
• Engine dyno tuning skills and experience.
• TIG welding skills and experience.
• Thorough understanding of electrical systems and components.
• Well organised with prior experience working in a performance garage.
We have an onsite secure carpark. Working hours are flexible however Saturdays are a must. There is the option to work either 5, 5.5 or 6 days per week.
The position offered is full time and salary ranges from £20,000 p/a to £35,000 p/a.
Salary is flexible depending on skill and hours worked.
Our opening hours are Monday – Friday 08:00 – 18:00 and Saturday 08:00 – 17:30.
Holiday entitlement reflects hours worked per week.
We await your application, please send a CV and covering note to email@example.com
In this role, you will have the opportunity to deliver an exciting and exceptional experience for Driftlimits Performance customers each and every day.
Within our motorsport academy, this role will provide a unique and exciting fun career. Your ability to think outside the box to repair vehicles and develop innovative ideas to build exciting track modifications will be key.
Having fun, collaborating with teammates and building high performance machines is the daily routine!
Technicians must have a wealth of experience working within the automotive industry and have been previously certified to ‘Master’ level from prior employer or have an equivalent level of experience without the certified paperwork. This technician will successfully complete various types of servicing including custom builds/fabrication or tuning on all types of vehicles but with an emphasis on performance cars or supercars ensuring the highest standard of quality. The applicant will be given the responsibility to lead and provide solutions to highly complex and technically sophisticated situations that arise given the diverse build projects that we are tasked with.
Technicians must have demonstrated competency in solving complex technical issues in an efficient manner. A strong technical background in diagnosing complex mechanical and electrical faults is required. A Diagnostic/problem solving mindset is a must. Complete ownership of the task from customer drop-off to the vehicle return is required including occasional phone calls to explain the technical issues of the job if required. Driving Customer Satisfaction to the highest level within an extremely customer and work friendly atmosphere.
- Ability to liaise directly with customers at point of ‘Check in’ ensuring full transparency of customer expectations.
- Full responsibility for quality workmanship to the vehicles or tasks at hand. High levels of initiative and enthusiasm required.
- Ability to partner with various teams across the organisation of Drift Limits to share critical information gathered and share best practices to help improve our levels of maintenance and care of our fleet and overall customer experience.
- The ability to lead, guide and support fellow technicians to achieve highest quality work in the most efficient manner possible.
- Extensive specialist knowledge with supercars and modified performance / race cars.
- Ability to maintain a high technical skill level and full awareness of all the latest technology to help maintain customer cars and our own rapidly growing extensive fleet of supercars.
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively with her/his team and peers across the organisation.
- Established ability to be self-directed and work independently, with strong organisation skills prioritising work and on occasional instances staying to complete the job when required.
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and hands-on experience with diagnostics, tools, instruments.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately diagnose both mechanical and electrical issues and solve them under pressure.
- Experience with complex automotive mechanical systems such as drivetrains on Nissan GTR and ability to rebuild engines / differentials to an impeccable standard aswell as the ability to fabricate and weld bespoke performance parts.
The workshop is based on an attractive farm in a secluded location and allows for plenty of space for car parking. In this exciting action packed working environment the applicant will find a great sense of team building companionship involving very interesting and fun build projects.
A full time position is available, contracted hours are 8 – 6.00 with an hour lunch break. The applicant has the option to work 5.5 or 6 days per week.
Range from £22k – 35k per annum depending on experience.
Please apply with a covering note and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org