Race & Rally Parts
Chassis number 002 is a very notable car in the history of the marque. Built for the owner of Astratech Instrumentation, it took part in the 1994 Le Mans 24hrs in the open top LMP Class, run by the renowned preparers Chamberlain Engineering and driven by Rob Wilson, William Hewland and Dave Brodie.
LR9C-002 was then converted to closed coupe configuration and rebuilt to GT2 specification.From 1995 to 1997 it was raced in the British GT Championship by Michael Vergers, and in 1998 by Tony Soper and Roberto Giordanelli. Between 2000 and 2003 it competed in the Historic Group C championship, Jaguar Car Club and various open sports and GT races driven by Ian Stinton.
Between 2004 and 2012 it raced in the BRSCC Saloon and Sportscar Championship, as well as occasional appearances in Castle Combe Special GTs and other open races. The car has subsequently had a full body off restoration by specialists and is now ready to race.
The rebuild included:
• Authentication by the original designer, Lester Ray
• Full rebuild of the turbocharged Cosworth YB engine (Motorsport block) by DTW
• Dyno run in and Motec ECU programmed. (Dyno sheets show 500+BHP)
• Installation of Motec engine management with a Motec dash and variable boost control. Astratec ECUs removed and stored.
• Hewland DG300 gearbox rebuilt by JP
• New front and rear (race weight) clams to period specification
• Heated front screen
• New Perspex for doors
• Full repaint inside and out
• New electric fire extinguisher equipment
• Track test and set-up
Constructed around a steel space frame, with an aluminium honeycomb flat floor and carbon fibre aero to GT2 regulations, the Harrier also benefits from a relatively low cost engine which is capable of producing 500+ bhp through a variable boost control. As such it represents a very useable, robust and cost effective prospect for the Masters Le Mans Legends series, which incorporates a class for GT2 cars from 1995 to 1999.
Complete with a large spares package and extensive documentation. A stunning car presented in Aston Martin green with genuine Le Mans history, and still fitted with the original engine and transaxle.
|Seller:||Trevor Farrington Ltd|
Seller's other ads
|Company||Trevor Farrington Ltd|
+44 (0)1565 722151
|Trade or Private:||Trade|
|Share by Email Print page Report Sold|