Full and Part Time race mechanics positions
DAT Racing has been set up by a highly successful software entrepreneur and we are looking to build a premier race company in the North West.
The Company has a defined vision and a clear plan and we are well supported by a number of corporate sponsors. The business has been established to offer a new range of racing services and we intend to provide a different perspective to motorsports.
We run from a Cheshire workshop and we have invested heavily in the business. Our current platform of cars include a 2017 V3 Seat Leon TCR, 2 Seat Leon Supercopa’s, a Seat Leon K1 (ex BTCC) and a Honda Civic Cup car. We expect to be adding a second TCR car in 2018 to the stable.
We have a full racing calendar planned for 2018 and in addition, we will be very busy delivering an extensive programme of Corporate trackdays alongside the race program.
We require experienced full time race-mechanics who are passionate about Motorsport, well presented, well organised and have a can-do attitude. Ideally, the role is full time but we are looking for someone who wishes to get involved in the business and can become a key part of the business ensuring our race cars are immaculately turned out and well-engineered.
In 2018, we will take part in the in 750MC Club Enduro and Roadsports championships, AMOC, Britcar and Creventic races. We will probably run a few MSV Trackday Trophy / Trackday Championship events too.
Successful candidates should fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a team player – the team is run as a team not orientated around an individual driver
- Be entrepreneurial with a “can do” attitude and be proud of your work
- Have previous experience of running cars unsupervised and unassisted - to at least No.2 mechanic level
- Be able to follow instructions precisely and not deviate from them
- Be well organised
- Be able to communicate well with customers / drivers
- Have very good mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
- Able to make run notes and follow service check sheets precisely
- Have VAG and Saloon car race experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Be able to attend all race weekends and attend both Thursday and Friday test days at these weekends
- Have a full time (Workshop and track activity) and part time (test days and race weekends)
Pre-season training will be providing at our workshops in Cheshire or at-circuit during testing.
We are looking for the very best candidates and the salary / overall remuneration will reflect the chosen candidates experience and skills. We expect to pay well for the very best skills.
To apply and for further information please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a quick chat on 07716 119511