Race & Rally Parts
VOLVO 242 DL – HISTORIC G2 RALLY CAR
VOLVO 242 DL – HISTORIC RALLY CAR
The build was started in 2014 and completed in 2016, Group 2 FIA passport issued at the same time.
The car used for the build is in great original condition, totally rust free, never been welded and still has the original paint.
Never been involved in any kind of accident or had any damage!!
· B23, totally rebuilt..219Hp/220Nm
· Bored out engine block with new Woshinger pistons (Koivula Motorsport).
· Ported 405 cylinder head.
· New camshaft, new valves and springs.
· 48 Dellorto Carbs..very rare and expensive.
· Competition exhaust manifold.
· Electronic ignition system.
· 80-amp alternator.
· Volvo M45 4-speed with correct ratios.
· All new cogs.
· Volvo 240 turbo pressure plate and bearing.
· Competition clutch plate.
· Lightened flywheel.
· Balanced prop shaft.
· New 5,38 ratios.
· New Dana Lsd (1984).
· Poly bushes.
· Custom made roll cage.
· 2.5 quick steering rack.
· Front Bilstein dampers.
· New brake callipers.
· 60l fuel cell.
Below is a link with many detailed photos, if you have any questions please just let me know.
The car is in Finland and can be shipped worldwide, please ask for a price.
Please know that I will help you in every way possible with the purchase. I have good contacts for shipping the vehicle all over Europe and UK. If you would like to come and view the vehicle before purchasing that would be great but if it isn't possible to come and view I will do my best to give you as much information and as many photos as you require. I myself buy a lot from foreign countries so I know exactly the situation you are in.