Ford Escort RS 1600 MK 1 BDG Alan Sherwood 2.0 Engine
Ford Escort RS 1600 MK 1 BDG
- Alan Sherwood Engine
1969 model Ford Escort Mark 1, converted to a very successful FIA Gr2 race car.
Now also updated with a new built (zero race miles) 2.0 liter Alan Sherwood BDG on Lucas butterfly mechanical injection.
HTP application approved by FIA in 2016.
The FIA HTP certificate is valid for 10 years.
The car is built according to Homologation form 1605, Periodic Appendix J 1972-1975, and the current appendix K.
The car is well proven, and the previous owner won the Norwegian Circuit Racing Championship with this car.
The body shell is painted in white, and all panels and wing extensions are in steel materials.
- Alloy block 2,0 BDG, Lucas Butterfly Mechanical injection.
- 269 BHP, and very drivable.
- Periodic Luminition optical ignition system.
- Tony Law mild steel 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, and stainless exhaust mufflers.
- Elite ZF S5/18-3.
-5 speed race gearbox.
- Gear ratios:1st: 2,29-2nd: 1,8-3rd: 1,36 4th: 1,14-5th: 1,0.
- Atlas fully floating axle with a 5 link system, with rose joints.
-Genuine ZF LSD diff
- Ratio: 4,37:1
- Front: AP Racing (Lockheed type) CP2361 267/20mm Vented Discs.
- Rear: AP Racing CP2283 non vented 254/10mm discs.
- Bilstein periodic dampers with adjustable 2,5" coil springs, front and rear. World cup x-member.
- Adjustable TCS`s. Eccentric adjustable TCA\s. Tension strut kit. Custom made anti roll-bars front and rear.
- Some wheels and spare parts are included in the sale.
You can see from the pictures that this car is well maintained and looks like "new". Newer had any sort of damage.
Part exchange in another car can be considered. Maybe a Lotus Cortina or supertouring car.
Please send e-mail,or call for further information.
Erik Helgerud (NORWAY)