Ford escort RS2000 race/track day car
Ford Escort Mk2 RS2000 race/track day car (or possible easy conversion to historic rally car).
PLEASE NOTE: It is NOT a genuine RS2000 shell, nor does it have an RS2000 V5 but the shell is prepared to RS2000 specification and is road legal with a v5 in my name.
HISTORY: I have owned this car for a number of years with a view to creating a top-spec competition car. The car has been built over a lengthy period using either new or reconditioned parts. It is now 100% complete and ready to use with no further work or expenditure required.
It is currently eligible for the Classic Touring Car Club championship, HSCC touring car championships or a host of other classic Ford races. It could also be used for Track days and is road legal so can be driven on the road. It is Tax and MOT exempt and has a current V5 (in my name).
The car would also convert easily into a Rally car (either Historic or Modern spec) and I have many of the parts available to do this. It could also be set up to run to FIA Gp1 specification with minor changes to run abroad or in high profile International events.
It has a current MUK logbook and with small changes, could be granted FIA historic papers for Group 1 RS2000.
BODYSHELL: The shell was originally a 1978 1300L which has been fully restored and strengthened to full RS2000 specification. All the repairs/upgrades have been carried out to a very high standard by a well known Ford body repair specialist.
The panels which have been replaced are:
· Full Floor (with larger RS2000/automatic transmission tunnel to allow easy gearbox changes without removing the engine)
· Chassis rails, front to back
· Inner and outer sills
· Inner front wings, inner and outer front panel and outer front wings
· RH rear outer quarter panel (the left side has had a new arch carefully fitted)
· Rear boot floor panel complete
· Back panel
· Both outer rear wheel tubs
· Heater cover panel
· Bulkhead strengthening plate
The car has fibreglass bonnet and boot lids, steel doors, large transmission tunnel, Polycarbonate windows, electric heated windscreen, fireproof bulkheads, latest FIA/MUK seat rails, multi-point welded in Roll Cage with bracing to the A and B pillars.
The shell is seam or stitch welded everywhere.
The car is painted in 2k VW Nardo Grey inside and Ford Signal Blue outside. The shell was shot blasted after all the welding was finished and 2k primed before finishing. It has stone chip under the arches to prevent stone damage but the underside floor is gloss finish. The engine bay and boot are also painted Nardo Grey.
All the RS2000 reinforcement plates have been fitted during the rebuild so the shell is, in effect, built to RS2000 specification.
SUSPENSION: Built using all new components as follows:
· World Cup Cross Member with lowered rack mounts
· Rose jointed Track Control Arms
· Mexico Anti Roll Bar
· Double width and anti-dive roll bar mounting kit
· Coil over Bilstein struts with 300/70 tarmac setting inserts, 450lbs 2¼” springs, adjustable height platforms
· Alloy high angle Roller Bearing Top Mounts
· 2.4 turn steering rack
· GP4 steering knuckle
· 160lbs single leaf springs
· Anti-tramp bars
· Panhard rod
· GAZ adjustable tarmac specification shockers
Freshly built 2.0 Pinto to Group 1 specification using all new parts as required (currently being run in but has already been on a rolling road to get a base line set-up and shows potential to produce 145+ BHP on unleaded pump fuel with no additives).
205 block, injection cylinder head and conrods, Newman Group 1 camshaft, Vernier camshaft pulley, Alloy Sump (genuine Ford), lightened flywheel with Sachs Gp1 clutch, new Bosch distributor with Aldon electronic ignition, 2 x 45 DCOE Weber carbs, 95amp Alternator, high torque starter motor, large bore 3 piece exhaust manifold and 2.5” single box system.
Engine has +.020” bores and .010/.010” ground crankshaft
The bottom end is lightened and balanced and was built with further development in mind so a wilder cam and some head work could add considerable further power easily.
Gearbox: freshly rebuilt genuine RS2000 4 speed Type E ‘box with all steel quick-shift lever. Gearbox reconditioned by Competition Transmission Services Ltd
New single piece Propshaft
English axle with 3.5:1 ratio, brand new Quaife LSD (plate type, specifically set up by Competition Transmission Services for circuit use), new Quaife floating hubs and two piece halfshafts.
WILWOOD “superlight” calipers on 255mm vented discs
Mintex 1155 brake pads
Ford Sierra single piston calipers and vented discs
Mintex 1144 brake pads
Hydraulic handbrake (to comply with race regulations)
Bias adjustable pedal box with dash-board adjuster
Aeroquip lines throughout
· CORBEAU Pro-series race seat FIA approved
· SPARCO 6 point HANS harness
· MOTAMEC suede steering wheel
· Racetech Rev Counter, oil pressure and water temperature gauges
· LIFELINE 4.5kg plumbed in fire extinguisher (next test date 2025)
· Varley Red Top battery and 75Ah slave battery (connected by Anderson plug)
· VDO fuel gauge
· USB camera connection outlet
· Electric Power Steering
· Alloy, high-capacity radiator and electric fan
· Oil cooler
· 8 gallon foam filled Alloy fuel tank (to FIA spec) with stainless steel braided fuel lines throughout
· Oil catch tank
· Single windscreen wiper conversion (two speed with self-park)
· Strut brace
· FIA/MUK seat rails already fitted for passenger seat
· Electric heated windscreen
· Poly carbonate windows with sliders in door windows
· Alloy door and rear quarter panels
· Electric fuel pump with Filter King regulator
· LED rain light
· 6 new REVOLUTION alloy wheels
· FIA/MUK tow hooks
The car is 100% ready to use with no further expenditure needed before a first outing.
It has just been set up on a 4-wheel alignment rig and corner weighted. The weight of the car (dry) is 840kgs.
The engine needs another lengthy running in session before being finally tweaked on the rolling road (the cost of the second rolling road session is included in the asking price) so I would recommend booking a test or trackday before racing for the first time.
I would be interested in the possibility of looking after the car on an ongoing basis and can provide on-going preparation, development, on-event servicing, track delivery and storage from my base in Lincolnshire.
Available to view at any time near Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire.
Extensive library of photos of the car in its finished state available to view on request. All invoices for parts used available to view.
Asking price £48750
Keyword Search Terms:Ford Escort RS2000, race car, trackday car, circuit car, rebuilt, CTCRC, HSCC, BRDC, BOSS
|Item Location:||Linconshire UK|
Phill in Lincs
Joined November 2022
Seller's other ads
07395 541 565
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Share by Email