Aquila CR1 LS3
For sale is this turn key ready Aquila CR1 Prototype with 550HP LS3 Engine.
This highly competitive Aquila CR1 prototype has latest been driven in the Danish Special Saloon Car series and won the Danish national championship in 2019. Car has not been competing since.
A similar model Aquila CR1 holds several overall track records in Denmark so VERY fast car with great track record. See also track time from Spa Franchorchamps as comparison.
Description and specifications:
The Aquila CR1 has a low mass of 900kg, extremely low centre of gravity, low frontal area and plenty of power. It can accommodate two persons simultaneously in a car that only measures 1025mm from the tarmac to the top of the roof.
Brake discs, Top hats, Calipers, Pads and Uprights are identical front and rear, as are Hubs, Wheel bearings and Hub carriers. All suspension members are genuinely non-handed, i.e. the same part is used left and right, and all spare suspension arms are jigged and delivered complete with pressed-in spherical bearings so that no adjustment is required when one is replaced. This resulting in very modest number of spare parts needed for (endurance) racing.
This particular car is fully equipped with all standard options as well as many additional upgrades and improvements gained from many years of running this model:
· LS3 performance crate engine with 550 HP at 6800 Rev/min, 700 NM torque. Approx. 20 hours on engine. New similar engine is around only 10.000 USD (Crate engine from GM) – or you can choose any other engine that fits an LS3 bell house if you want more horsepower.
This engine is upgraded with:
o 105 FBW electronic throttle
o Special enhanced dry sump lubrication
o Zircotec coated stainless steel free flow headers for less heat in engine compartment. Available with the car are three different exhaust configurations which can be changed in few hours: direct pipe, 2 or 4 stainless steel silencers configurable for 105 or 98 dB. No problem at track days with strict noise regulations if you mount all 4 silencers!
· Gearbox Hewland NLT with gear box cooler. Extremely strong and durable gearbox! Paddle shift incl auto blib, all managed by engine management system for reliability. Gear shift lights and gear indicator in dashboard. Approx. 20 hours since last rebuild.
· 2 Tillett Carbon seats including FIA (HANS) Harnesses for either single or dual seat configuration.
· FIA Approved roll cage including certificate.
· FIA Approved Fuel tank: 80 liters.
· Integral air jack system.
· Centre lock hubs on all wheels.
· 3 complete set of wheels (10,5” front and 13” rear rims).
· Adjustable LMP2 rear wing. 4 x carbon dive planes front. Large rear diffuser.
· Electrically heated triplex windshield for de-misting.
· Adjustable pedal box to accommodate any size driver.
· Quick-change facility for left hand drive or right hand drive including adjustable electric power steering assistance
· Electrically activated FIA approved fire extinguishing system.
· PCM HP motorsport Powerboks for electrical power management without fuses.
· PLEX LED Display SDM500GPS with GPS data logger and predictive lap timing.
· EFI EURO-4 ECU Engine management including gear shift management and adjustable traction control. Very reliable.
· Motorsport spec ECU and chassis wiring loom.
· Custom lightweight flywheel with 3 plate AP clutch with hydraulic release bearing.
· Brakes: AP Racing. 6 pot front and 4 pot rear with AP fully floating brake discs. Only two races since new.
· Suspension: Fully adjustable Öhlins 2-way dampers front and rear. Many extra springs with various rates available.
· Fully adjustable front and rear anti-roll bar.
· Full front lights lowbeam and highbeam, indicators. tail light.
· FIA approved rain light.
The car is sold including all equipment needed to run the car: Quick fueling system, center lock torque wrench, airlance for airjacks, tire heaters etc.
Large spare part package can be negotiated separately.