1966 FIA GT350 Shelby Mustang
Left hand drive 1966 Mustang fastback. 4.7 V8 289 block with Holley Carb fed by twin Holley fuel pumps. New FIA HTP 10 year Passport providing eligibility for most European classic events. Race red with flush painted distinctive cobra stripes the car was previously maintained by AWS Engineering and more recently overhauled ready for competition by Alan Mann Racing.
- New FIA HTP 10 year Passport
- 371 bhp dyno test
- Tim Adams Engine rebuild with one event
- New Super T10 Gearbox
- Cylinder heads rebuild
- Rear axle rebuild with refurbished differential
- New clutch, flywheel crownwheel & pinion
Recent re-commissioning work undertaken:
- Split ball joints and replace track rod ends.
- Fit reinforcement to lower control arms.
- Run new fuel lines and fit bulkhead connectors.
- Replace front wheel bearings and brake discs.
- Split pin and lockwire front suspension and brakes.
- Bleed brakes.
- Machine & Rebuild cylinder heads, lap in valves.
- Rear axle rebuild incorporating refurbished differential 3.89/1 ratio.
- Reset ignition timing.
- Bed in new crownwheel & pinion.
- Replace pilot bearing, clutch, flywheel and clutch release bearing.
- Replace leaking rear main oil seal on engine .
- New Cobra Suzuka T FIA seat.
Other notable spec items:
- 6 Point harness.
- Lifeline Electronic extinguisher system.
- Road registered (MOT & Tax exempt), V5 Present.
The car is available for viewing by appointment in Warwickshire close to the Gaydon motor museum.
T:07740 408683 E:Keir29@live.com