Ford Capri 3.4 Essex V6 group2 Race Car
This is my Mk3 Capri, converted from a 1978 3.0L S road car in the early 80s and raced in the Modified Production Saloon series of the time. It passed through the hands on several well known club racers and was later converted to Group 2 specification. Since 2000 it has competed in European Masters and Classic Thunder races. In recent years it has only been used for test days and due to other racing commitments and minor illness I have not raced the car as planned. I believe cars like this should be out on the track racing and not hiding in the garage and so regretable I am offering it for sale.
- The engine is a very fresh 3.4L essex V6, with tripple webber carbs, extensively modified heads, manifolds and internals. Luminition ignition and rev limiter, lightweight flywheel and twin plate AP clutch.
- It is mated to a 4 speed heavy duty type 9 gearbox with Quaife straight cut gears and quick shift.
- Live rear atlas axle on multi-leaf springs with ZF limited slip differential, disc braked (XR3 calipers and discs), panhard rod and anti-tramp bars.
- The front has Avo coil over struts with 2 way adjustable damping, anti-roll bar, alloy adjustable top mounts and 4 pot Wilwood calipers.
- The cars comes with a brand new set of gold Revolution Classic race wheels, 15x8 front, 15x9 rears with brand new Toyo 888Rs. Also included is a set of Revolution 5 spokes, 15x8, with used Dunlops.
- Other bits include bias pedal box, baffled alloy race fuel tank, professional wiring loom and period dashboard, safety devices cage.
- The body shell has original Ford X-Pac arches and was re-sprayed in gleaming white by the previous owner only 5 years ago. It really looks a stunning period car, professionally built and maintained.
This Capri behaves fantasticly on the track and is very easy to drive. Please call me for further details.