1964 Ford Falcon
1964 FORD FALCON SPRINT FUTURA COUPE- Historic Race Car
THE FORD FALCON
Ford USA's foray into rallying in the early 1960s was part of its 'Total Performance' marketing strategy that would see it win Le Mans and the Indianapolis 500, the latter courtesy of Lotus, as well as bankroll the most successful Formula 1 engine of all time: the Ford-Cosworth DFV.
Perhaps surprisingly, its chosen rally weapon was the Falcon Futura coupe which, although a compact car by North American standards, was huge compared to its European competitors.
Supplied by Holman Moody with preparation and Homologation by Alan Mann Racing the car Confounded the pundits, who considered the car too unwieldy for European special stages, Bo Ljungfeldt and his Ford Falcon had an honourable 1963 Monte Carlo Rally finishing 42nd overall with 307 entrants. For the 1964 edition -the car stunned the competition by winning every single special stage of the Rallyonly losing out to Paddy Hopkirks Mini.
On track in Group 5 spec the Falcon would go on to win the BTCC championship in 1968 again with Alan Mann Racing.
CHASSIS NO: 4R17F162148
• Road Legal (UK) Ford Falcon Sprint built from perfect accident free low mileage imported road car.
• Race prepared seam welded shell featuring a comprehensive FIA Custom Cage.
• FIA Spec Glass fibre FRT Wings, Bonnet, Bumpers, Boot lid, Retaining Steel rear QTRS for Chassis Rigidity,
• Modern Windsor 289 block, All steel OHV V8 Engine, 4 Barrel Holley, bespoke S/S headers and exhaust system, 7 ¼” twin plate clutch Engine produces a massive 438BHP at the wheels on Stanton Motorsports Rolling Road- Dyno Sheet available.
• Fresh 4-Speed Manual Dog Box Transmission
• Jeff Houser Built 8” Rear Axle Towed and cambered with Gripper diff and large Rear Drums
• Be spoke Quantum dampers and ARB’s
• FIA Spec Kelsey Hayes 4 pot front Brakes, billet hubs.
• FIA Seat / Belts and extinguisher all to current spec and in date.
• 100 LTR ATL Bag Tank
• Well-known, successful historic racer
• Offered with the option of a huge spares package by separate negotiation.
• Freshly serviced- 1 Race and Dyno time only on the motor and drive train
• Car wants for nothing, is on the button and ready to go.
• Price on Application.
Joined March 2021
Seller's other ads
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Share by Email