Special Machining - Complex CNC Milling - 24/7
Special Machining is based in Cambridge, 1.5 hours from Silverstone.
While we can make just about anything when needed, we try to concentrate on complex CNC milling. All milling done on a brand new (2020) Hurco milling machine with Kitagawa 5 axis table.
- We are technically open 24/7. Same day and overnight service available when required
- 15 years of previous experience machining complex prototype parts in a wide range of different materials
- Decent amount of previous experience making parts for the motorsport sector, mainly for privately run Formula one cars
- Lots of experience with modifying existing parts
- Lots of experience reverse engineering parts
- Huge range of Mitutoyo metrology equipment, every important dimension is checked
- Everything made in house
Usually working from 3D models (STEP files prefered!) but always happy to work from 2D drawings/sketches. Lots of experience with CADCAM and 3D modelling.
Available to consult and advise on machining and manufacturing techniques in general.