Maserati GranSport Light GT3
We are selling a Maserati GranSport Light GT3 car. Its chassis number is MTL-005. This car was also called “Maserati Trofeo Light” in several championships. The Maserati Trofeo Light was built in Italy by Maserati Corse. Based on the European spec series Trofeo GranSport race car, this car incorporates substantial modifications for racing in international N-GT and GT classes.
This car has participated to various races in America, firstly during the Grand-American Road Racing Championship in 2004, for the team Scuderia Ferrari of Washington (USA). This car was entered as the back-up car of the team at the following events without racing: Homestead 250 Miles - 250 miles Phoenix - Watkins Glen 6 Hours - Daytona 250 Miles Paul Revere - Watkins Glen 200 Miles. It then contested these races with drivers Jeff Segal (USA), Rusty West (USA), Darius Grala (PL) and Kurt Buchwald (USA): Virginia 400 Kilometres - Barber 250 Miles - 400 km Fontana.
This car has never sustained any important accident.
This car has been recently checked by professional technicians since its last race track outing and has sustained numerous mechanical interventions:
- Outside and inside cleaning;
- Change of engine oil, gearbox oil and cooling liquid;
- Brake system purge and new calipers seals;
- Battery charge;
- Fuel tank cleaning and new fuel pumps;
- Air filter cleaning;
- Engine and gearbox warming checks;
- Electric looms control;
- Bodywork minor repairs;
- Suspension geometry and setup.
Here are his main technical characteristics (Maserati factory data):
- Internally stock V8 motor from Maserati GranSport Coupe;
- Modified ECU, intake and exhaust;
- X-Trac 6 speed sequential shifting Daytona Prototype transaxle;
- Tubi side exit racing exhaust system;
- Center-locking hubs and wheels with GT style wheel bearings;
- AP Racing airjack system;
- Brembo Endurance racing brake system with cockpit adjustable brake bias;
- Maserati Corse racing suspension featuring Sachs dampers, adjustable anti-roll bars and revised geometry;
- Maserati Corse revised engine location for improved weight distribution;
- Removable light-weight composite body with improved aerodynamics;
- Integrated adjustable front splitter and rear wing.
The car is visible in Toulouse in the South of France.
Enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Joined January 2016
Seller's other ads
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Share by Email