Minardi M198 Chassis 01 1998
Minardi M198 Chassis 01 was the first car produced in 1998 by Minardi Team SPa.
It stayed with the team until 2001 and performed PR car duties in 1999 (hence being in M01 livery). It was then purchased by a film company from the Minardi Auction when Paul Stoddart sold off a lot of the cars and was used as a static display item and film prop for a few years whilst living in their reception as a motorsport centre piece.
In 2011 Graham North purchased the car from them and employed TDF to rebuild it to run alongside his Williams FW17. TDF agreed with Gian Carlo Minardi (the original owner of the Minardi team) to purchase all of the spares and equipment that Gian Carlo still had from his years running the team (hence the hugely extensive spares package, please ask for a full list).
TDF rebuilt the car over a period of 18 months which involved a strip down to a bare tub and inspection of every component with many lifed parts made new (e.g. fuel cell, belts etc. etc.).
The engine was rebuilt by Dick Langford at LPE and incorporates all the JD upgrades the Minardi X2/2 Seater Program JD engines have benefitted from. The JD engine program is still live today so there is no issue with engine spares or parts.
It ran at the Chicago F1 Festival and Spa GP with great results. TDF also undertook all the suspension work required to run modern Pirelli tyres on the car, performed full crack tests, had ATL relife the fuel cell and various other service work.
The car is exactly as it left Minardi with original STEP6 electronics, hydraulics, air system etc. etc. and includes enough spares to essentially run the car forever. Alessandro Mazzali assisted with the recommisioning of the electronics as he was Minardis electronics engineer back when the car was new. Hence there are all the CFG files etc. for the car.
Brief spec is:
- All suspension components and uprights crack tested with 12 month certification
- Clutch inspected, shimmed and rebuilt, currently on second shim/15% worn.
- Drive shafts and Pankl joints inspected and regreased.
- Engine inspected, AVS test performed and filters replaced. Engine has always been run to a 14,500RPM limit at which LPE advise a 1000KM life - it is currently at 112KM run.
- Dampers rebuilt
- Gearbox stripped and inspected, 6th gear dog, hub and ratio replaced as this was always a "weak point" accordingly to Gian Carlo. The ones that came out crack tested fine.
- Moog valves bias checked.
- Radiators pressure tested and ultrasonically cleaned.
- Wiggins fittings o-rings replaced.
- Brake caliper and master cylinders serviced with new seals.
The car currently has Sabelt belts (as were original) but these are 12 months out of date and as Sabelt do not make these harnesses any more it is not possible to replace with identical harnesses. We have had TRS draw up the harnesses so a homologated FIA certified replacement is included. The fuel cell currently has 11 months of life remaining - the fuel cell is on file at ATL.
For the car's 1998 race history please view the final image.
Please call Mike Walters on +44 (0) 7970 736644
or email email@example.com
Seller's other ads
|City:||Race Cars Direct|
+44 (0) 7970 736644
+44 (0) 7970 736644
|Trade or Private:||Trade|
|Share by Email Print page Report Sold|