Chevrolet Corvette C1 1962 LE MANS 2021 ENTRY CONFIRMED
We have the pleasure to offer this Chevrolet Corvette C1 1962
- FIA-HTP issued in 2016 (valid until 31/12/2026)
- RACE READY - Eligible for the best race meeting, including Goodwood Revival and Le Mans Classic.
The car is a tribute to the only Corvette that ran at Le Mans in 1962, entered by Scuderia Sirocco race team from Modena, Italy and driven by Tony Settember (USA) and Jack Turner (UK). Given the race number “1”, the car actually led the race at the Le Mans start as a function of being at the front of the grid due to starting positions being determined by engine capacity, The Car performed well at Le Mans until a shifting error at the 11-hour mark damaged the transmission. In the end, the car retired after 14.5 hours due to a lean condition caused by a cable slipping.
This C1 offers a unique and relatively cost-effective way of racing against some of the finest 1960s GT cars ever built and, due to its c. 350 hp 5.4 litre V8, it provides the ability to challenge some rather more valuable and technologically advanced machinery.
The car offers the possibility to switch from Rochester Fuel Injection System (currently installed as per FIA HTP) to Holley Carburetor included in this offer as spare.
The car was imported to the UK in 2011 and was fully restored and rebuilt to competition specification over a 4-year period by Adam Ruddle, an engineer from Tesla, with some assistance from Claremont Corvette (Kent). Since Completion at end of 2015, the car has continued to be set up and developed, and has just benefited from a winter refresh in preparation for the 2017 racing season, including a re-spray, new race clutch and gearbox rebuild.
During 2018, the car underwent further upgrades including the optimization of the ribbons to the highest quality and important upgrades to the seat (Tillett due 2023) and 5-points seat belt (TRS due 2023)
4. RACING SUMMARY
Kinrara Trophy at Goodwood Revival
The car was invited to race at the new 1-hour race for pre-1963 GT cars together with some of the finest GT cars of the early 60s including Ferrari 250 GTOs, SWBs, DB4 GT Astons and E-Type Jaguars. The car was specifically featured by Goodwood’s event coverage. The car was co-driven by Henry Arundel, Earl of Arundel and Surrey, and successfully finished the race despite a slightly unfriendly nudge by an Aston Martin DB4GT in the chicane on the penultimate lap.
Le Mans Classic
It was particularly rewarding taking the car back to Le Mans Classic where, despite it being up against much later GT40s and Shelby Cobras, it performed well passing two Ferrari 275s and a number of nimbler Porsche 911s.
Other events: Silverstone Classic (Pre-63 GT RAC Trophy) and VSCC.
Le Mans Classic
The car was again selected for participation in the iconic event and run with very good performance in Plateau 3 being the unique Corvette completing all the stagesof the race and showing null issues or failures. Driven by Mr. Jose Zanchetta and Mr. Jorge Saud from Argentina, it finished in 40th position out of the 79 cars classified for the Plateau.
Other Events: Donington Historic Festival (UK) and Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or (FR)
5. OTHER FEATURES
The car was UK road registered with MOT valid until February 2018 and ready for renewal. It has two exhaust systems (road and straight through) and sundry spares and parts.
6. CAR SPARES INCLUDED
- Holley carburetor, inlet manifold and distributor.
- Exhaust silencers (pair)
- Steering box and internals (used)
- New axle bearing retainer and hardware kit
- Camero rear axle
- External oil fitter kit
- Dual master cylinder
- Front and rear wheel
- Wheel spacers x 4
- Exhaust deflection tips
- Pedal unit
- Original fuel filler neck and cap
- Original battery top plate
- Original master cylinder
- Original seat belts
- Set of rocker covers.
- Electric cooling fan for the radiator
- One pair of wheels fitted with tyres.
- Ribbon drum assorted spares and brake lines (various)
- 1L Penrite Limslip gear oil 85W-140
- GoPro accessories (roll cage mount, etc.)
- Fog light
- Horn x 2
- Boot carpet and boot board
- Original seat
7. RACE SPARES:
- New: Top water hose, Anderson plug loom, Engine gasket kit, Steel water pump, Front brake shoe set (Questmead Mintex material), Rear brake shoe set (BG Developments unknown material) and cylinders, Steering box bearing kit, Front spindle king pin kit, Rear axle bearing kit, Front wheel bearing kit, Propshaft UJ, Water pump gasket and accessory kits, Exhaust clamp, Swifttune competition condenser, Oil filter (Mann), Distributer cap, Points, Rotor arm, HT lead set, Coil, Auxiliary belt
- Other used spares: Fuel pump, Propshaft UJ, Front brake cylinders, Points, Rotor arm, H4 headlight bulbs x 3
8. SPECIAL GIFT: Original Stand 21Corvette Race equipment (Racing Suit, Shoes and Gloves)
The car is located at Bicester Heritage’s Workshop, UK. Visits can be arranged with proper anticipation. Contact: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
9. FURTHER INFORMATION
More photos and videos available upon request, we will be happy to share them.