MG ZR170 Mk1 VVC Track/Race/Sprint Car
MG ZR160 Mk1
This car was originally built in 2015 with a view to competing in the MGOC or MGCC series as an MG ZR170 entry. After completing the car and driving it at several track days, my daughter decided she would like to get into racing and we used the car for training and her ARDS. Since then I have had no spare time to get out in it and enjoy what is a nice spec car with a very good engine and gearbox.
Starting life as a now very rare Rover 25 GTi (the predecessor to the MG ZR160), the car was stripped bare and all components replaced with reconditioned or new MG ZR running gear including all suspension and brakes as far as possible all components were painted, powder coated or replaced before refitting.
The car has a certified roll cage installed along with all the relevant components required to be eligible for the MGOC or MGCC race series (circa 2015), except for a few components (like the 4-2-1 manifold) for which there are alternatives in the spares that come with the car.
The car was a clean unmolested example when purchased, leaving very little to worry about in terms of corrosion. There are some small areas of corrosion on the rear wheel arches which are very common on all the Rovers and MG’s. These are shown in the pictures.
The engine was rebuilt by Scholar Engines with all the usual durable mods they do (series permitting) and has covered about 1000 miles since completion. The 170bhp K-Maps reflash for the race series has been installed on the ECU and the VVC is both quiet and operates correctly in all situations.
The suspension has been upgraded with bushes and uprated, lowering springs. The dampers are standard MG ZR units which work really well with the springs.
If I was to do anything more to the car I would probably replace the ZR dampers with the GAZ Gold option dampers for the race series and get the rust patches cured on the rear arches. Apart from that, the car is ready for road, track, sprints or racing.
The spec list is as follows:
· Refurbished MG ZR 160 Dampers, Subframe, Rear Beam, Rack etc
· Stiffer Lowering Springs
· Rebuilt MG ZR Brakes
o EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads
o EBC Turbogroove Brake Discs
· Front and Rear Strut Braces
· Certified Custom Cages Roll Cage (with Certificate)
· 4-2-1 Sports Manifold (not series compliant)*
· Stainless Steel Sports Catalyst
· Sports Rear Silencer
· Sparco FIA Race Seats (Driver + Passenger)
· Corbeau FIA HANS Harness Driver 6-Point
· Corbeau FIA HANS Harness Passenger 6 Point
· Lifeline Zero 2000 Electronic Extinguisher System (Service Due: 2020)
· Cartek Electronic Kill Switch
· Front and rear towing eyes
· Odyssey PC680 Race Battery
· Trimmed inner door panels
· Scholar Built Engine - Rover K-Series 1.8 VVC
o Uprated Main Bearings
o Uprated Cylinder Liners, New Rings
o Replacement Valve Seats, Guides
o New cam followers
o Full Rebuilt less than 1000 miles ago
o K-Maps ZR170 Engine Management
· Quick Release Steering Wheel Hub
· MOMO Tuner Steering Wheel
· Goodridge Braided Brake Hoses
· Castrol SRF Racing Brake Fluid
· Longacre Rear View Mirror - Wide-Angle
· Rebuilt Gearbox
o Exedy Uprated Clutch (Friction Plate & Pressure Plate)
o Carbon Synchro Rings
o Uprated Gear Linkage Bushes
· Uprated Engine Stabiliser Bushes
· Air to Oil Cooler – front mounted
· ITG Maxogen Induction Kit
· 1 Set of 17 Inch “Straights” MG ZR 160 Wheels (Toyo Road Tyres)
· QStarz Data Logger
· Power & USB Connections
· Starcomm 2-way Intercom System (w/out headsets)
· V5 Certificate
The car comes with the following Spares:
· Spare, standard, wrapped Exhaust Manifold
· 2 Sets of 16 Inch “Hairpin” MG ZR 105 Wheels
· Waterproof Outdoor Car Cover
Viewing and a road test would be advised so you know what you are getting. I am very confident the first person to get in it will have it, so serious enquiries only please.
Seller's other ads
|Company||Hangar 111 Limited|
|Trade or Private:||Trade|
|Share by Email Print page Report Sold|