Vauxhall Astra VXR 2.0 Turbo
· Vauxhall Astra 2.0 VXR Turbo.
· Full engine rebuild April 2012 with low profile camshafts; performance lifters, Wossner low compression pistons. Engine has done less than 700 miles since rebuild.
· Semi hybrid Turbo, upgraded bearing pack fitted by Turbo Technics.
· Upgraded intercooler supplied by Coutenay Sport together with corresponding 60mm silicon hoses.
· Air box modification.
· Full competition roll car fitted by Custom Cages – fully certified.
· Corbeau Revolution GT racing seat.
· 6 point harness – Brand New, never used – expires 2021 (date not deterioration)
· Fully electric fire extinguisher.
· Electrical cut off inside & outside the car.
· 2 way adjustable GAZ shock absorbers and springs.
· Spare FULL set of hardly used KW shocks & springs.
· Varley Red-Top battery secured in passenger foot well with approved metal battery case.
· Drivers foot plate.
· Race Technology data logger with display & shiftlights
· Coutenay Sport re-map running 312BHP and 346NM torque (at clutch).
· Light weight flywheel.
· Performance clutch
· Drexler plated diff
· Scorpion 3” de-cat exhaust system.
· Powerflex poly-bushed suspension bushes.
· Poly bushed engine mounts.
· AP Racing front brakes and 4 pot callipers.
· Mixed sets of used PAGID RS14 & RS15 brake pads .
· 11 Team Dynamics black light weight 18” wheels
· 6 brand new Direzza 225/40/R18 road legal slicks
· 2 brand new Dunlop wets 210/650/R18
· 4 used Dunlop wets 210/650/R18
· Selection of well used Dunlop slicks 210/650/R18
· Mutliple spares including full set of KW suspension, CV boots, coil pack, front & rear brake pads, drive shafts, fluids, etc, etc
This car was bought by me as a road car in 2009 as a CAT C insurance write off. The damage wasn’t bad and our bodyshop repaired the car and we started to turn it into a racing car with a view to competing in the 2010 Dunlop SportMaxx Saloon Car Championship. Due to work commitments, the car was not completed until late 2010, but in time for the 2011 Dunlop Production Touring Car Trophy. We competed in the full season of 2011 and the first half of the 2012 season until budget constraints meant we were unable to continue. We finished the season off with events in the ArrowPak Saloon car championship and the CNC NW production saloon car championship.
The car was build to a very high standard, and to the letter of the 2011 regulations for the Dunlop Production Touring Car Trophy. No expense was spared in the maintenance of the car, and the total costs of build, including the car, was over £20000.00.