Fiesta XR2 Race Car Package with Trailer and Spares
Fiesta XR2 Race Car Package with Trailer and Spares
Full package: Car + Trailer + Spares (including spare engine and gearbox) all included in sale.
Championship winning full race car with trailer and spares. Eligible for classic touring car series.
A complete package to go racing - Eligible for many club race championships, (including Sprints and Hillclimbs) and Classic Saloon Car Race Championships.
Apart from replacing the seat belts and having the fire extinguisher serviced, (also change the cam belt as a precaution) the car is ready to race again! I am only selling it as I haven't raced it for some time, (Last driven for systems check and to make sure everything was working as it should be in October).
Last competition use was at Crystal Palace Sprint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn-m_lBG5Ew
This car started out as a rare non-sunroof Dagenham produced XR2 in 1987. In 1999 it was converted to full race spec in Aveley, Essex, (near the old Ford AVO competition workshops) built to a very high standard, and well maintained as you can see from the photos.
There is unlikely to be another race XR2 race car anywhere near as high spec as this, (and still using the XR2 CVH engine) where many parts have been professionally custom made.
Outright overall winner of the BARC South East Saloon Car Championship in 2005. It was always very successful, finishing in the top 3 alongside Cossie's, Focus RS's, Subaru's and other cars that were much more powerful, (0-60mph recorded at 4.9sec). I believe it still holds lap records at some circuits such as Brands Hatch Indy (0m54sec).
It was featured in Performance Ford Magazine as a full 5-page feature called 'Lightspeed', (still have the article magazine article).
It was also featured again in Performance Ford 'Beat the RS', (Mk2 RS Focus, which it thrashed completely at Lydden Hill Circuit!)
In 2011 it was also voted runner up for Performance Ford Car of the Year for 2011.
Engine and Gearbox Spec:
- Full race engine built by HT Racing, (around 170bhp at 7,500rpm - red line 8,200rpm)
- 1.6L Ford CVH on twin 45 DCOE carburettors
- Accralite pistons and forged Arrow rods with ARP bolts.
- RS Turbo crank
- Full race CVH 27 cam
- Deep baffled sump
- Big valve head with Sodium filled valves.
- Double valve springs
- Solid lifters with RS 1600i rocker cover
- 13-row Oil cooler
- Large bore Maniflow race exhaust system including manifold
- Fiesta RS 1800 gearbox (close ratio) with Quaife Torque Biasing Diff
- Only one race and one sprint since engine and gearbox rebuild.
- Solid mounted engine and gearbox
Brakes and Suspension
- Titanium fully rose jointed front suspension arms, custom made.
- Front coil-overs with Eibach springs and separate bump and remote rebound adjustment with variable ride height on front
- Aircraft spec aluminium rose jointed rear trailing arms and adjustable panhard rod
- Single way bump and rebound custom made dampers with inboard springs on rear
- Fully floating front discs with 2-pice discs, 4-piston calipers.
- Custom made complete pedal box with driver adjustable brake bias front / rear
- Aluminium strut top mounts with spherical bearings.
- Original non-sunroof XR2 bodyshell
- Perspex all windows except front screen
- Super lightweight fibreglass skin bonnet (fully removable)
- Super lightweight fibreglass skin tailgate (fully removable)
- Lightweight modified original doors, (around 50% lighter)
- XR2i Front bumper (around 50% lighter than standard and fully removable)
- 1-inch-wider than standard XR2 fibreglass bodykit and arches
- Fully seam welded and butt-reinforced
- Fully welded cage triangulated to front and rear turrets
- Superlite 3-piece split rims x 10 wheels (custom made ultra light weight 4.5kgs each compared to 15kgs each for standard XR2 'Pepperpots')
- Quick rack steering
- Race weight 760Kgs (without driver)
- Pi Research System 2 dash display and data logger with user manual
- Sparco race seat
- 4.5 gallon (approx.) race fuel tank
- Fully rewired with DR25 heat-shrink sleeved race car wiring loom
- Plumbed in fire extinguisher - needs servicing as out of date for racing
- Full 6-point race harness - needs replacing as out of date for racing
- Small Red Top race battery mounted in passenger area.
- Spare wheels (10-wheels in total with the car)
- Spare engine, (covered in brown grease to preserve) machined but never assembled to include Accralite Pistons; Arrow rods; RS Turbo crank; Race cam; Vernier pulley; Big valve head; Machined cylinder block; Lightweight flywheel; Machined intake manifold; Deep baffled sump; Solid lifters; Stretch bolts; Gasket set. All of the above parts are new and unused!
- Spare Fiesta RS 1800 gearbox
- Spare radiator (new unused)
Brian James Twin Axle 'Minno' Trailer
- Brian James 'Minno' twin axle trailer
- May need a couple of tyres but generally serviceable and good to go.
- The 'Minno' trailer is very popular in club motorsport as it fits in a standard sized single garage lockup with the car sat on it.
Oh and it's not road legal - to convert it back would be a big shame and quite a bit of work as all the good bits would have to come off.